Winter has come and that means, it’s the season for some health related issues. A stuffy nose, sore throat and dry cough are just a few of the many common seasonal ailments today. At this time of year, our bodies are more susceptible to infections, which is why it becomes even more important to take all the necessary precautions. Dietary changes are also important in preventing seasonal illnesses. Nutritionists and health professionals recommend including warm foods in our diet to nourish and strengthen immunity. Herbs and spices also play an important role in maintaining a healthy body during winter. Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger, etc contain many essential nutrients that benefit our overall health. They have been part of our traditional medical practice since adolescence and are incorporated into the diet in the form of kadha, churan, herbal tea et al.
Here, we bring you a healthy cinnamon-ginger milk recipe that can help soothe an itchy and sore throat during winter. All three ingredients in this drink contain some healthy nutrients that can work wonders during the winter.
Health benefits of cinnamon-ginger milk:
1. Ginger is a storehouse of bioactive compounds – gingerols and shogaols – that have beneficial effects on our body.
2. It also includes antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help provide protective and healing benefits against disease.
3. Cinnamon is also a storehouse of antiviral, anti-bacterial properties that benefit our overall health.
4. Adding these healthy ingredients to warm milk enhances the flavor of the seasoning.
5. Furthermore, warm milk relaxes our body and mind, which is known to help heal from within.
How to make cinnamon-ginger milk:
All you need to do here is boil milk with some grated ginger and a pinch of cinnamon, strain the water and drink it warm. You can also enjoy it with some haldi and freshly pounded black pepper powder in it.
Here we have a turmeric masala milk recipe that includes all of the above ingredients in it (no ginger). All you need to do is add half a teaspoon of ground ginger. Click here for the recipe.
Try this super healthy drink and enjoy a winter of nourishment. But always remember, moderation is key.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call himself. Whether it’s about food, people or places, all she craves is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio or daal-chawal and a good movie can set her off to a new day.
https://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/winter-special-this-cinnamon-ginger-milk-may-help-soothe-sore-throat-recipe-inside-2655979 Winter Special: This Cinnamon-Ginger Milk May Help Soothe A Sore Throat (Recipe Inside)