World

Wiltshire: Man electrocuted after drilling through power cable

Man electrocuted after piercing power cable under garden

The man is believed to have gone into cardiac arrest after being electrocuted (Image: SWNS)

A man was electrocuted and caused a major power outage when he accidentally punctured a power cable under his yard.

The DIY accident triggered a major emergency response, with two air ambulances dispatched to the scene.

The man was drilling into the ground outside his home in Swindon, Wiltshire, around 9.40am yesterday when he struck the cable.

He is believed to have gone into cardiac arrest after being severely electrocuted.

The burnt-out drill he was using at the time was later pictured charred in the garden.

Several ambulance services were at the scene including Wiltshire Air Ambulance, Thames Valley Air Ambulance, a BASICS doctor and two Ambulance Service Hazardous Area Response Teams (HART).

A man has been flown to hospital after drilling through a power cable while doing home improvements in his front yard. See SWNS story SWBRdrill. Two air ambulances were dispatched to the scene of the crime in Swindon, Wiltshire, at around 9.40am on Friday (03/06). The man was drilling into the ground outside his home when he encountered an underground power cable, causing him to be electrocuted. The victim, whose age is unknown, is believed to have suffered cardiac arrest as a result, prompting a major emergency response.

The drill is believed to have been using the man when he hit the cable (Image: Daniel Webb / SWNS)

Two fire engines and Wiltshire Police also attended.

After stabilizing, the man was transferred to Southmead Hospital in Bristol.

The incident triggered a localized power outage that was later restored by West and West Utilities.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, Visit our news page.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/04/wiltshire-man-electrocuted-after-drilling-through-mains-power-cable-16768688/ Wiltshire: Man electrocuted after drilling through power cable

Justin Scacco

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button