The pop culture and comic book convention started in Salt Lake City in 2013.
Captain Kirk returns to FanX.
William Shatner, the actor who created the character of Captain James T. Kirk in the original “Star Trek,” is one of the celebrities slated to appear at the 2022 edition of the FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention taking place on September 22nd -24 at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
Other celebrities booked for the show and announced via social media on Tuesday include:
• Actor Giancarlo Esposito, whose numerous credits include “Breaking Bad” and “Do the Right Thing”.
• Actress Rachel Skarssten, currently starring as Beth Kane on Batwoman.
• Actor Dante Basco, best known as Rufio in Steven Spielberg’s “Hook”.
• Actor Nolan North, the original Nathan Drake in the Uncharted video game series.
• Voice actor Jess Harnell, best known for “Animaniacs” and other animated films, and for his Rockstar performances at previous conventions.
• Voice actor Tara Strong, who voiced Timmy Turner on The Fairly OddParents, Raven on Teen Titans Go!. and Miss Minutes in Marvel’s Loki.
• Voice actor Kyle Hebert, best known for his work on Dragon Ball Z.
• Voice actor Todd Haberkorn who has spoken for hundreds of TV shows and video games.
• Voice actress Lindsay Seidel who has done English language dubbing for “My Hero Academia” and other Japanese works.
Additional guests are expected to be announced by September.
Not only does the convention bring together fans from multiple fandoms with celebrity guests – past guests include Tom Holland (“Spider-Man: No Way Home”), Adelaide Kane (“Reign”), Tom Felton (“Harry Potter”) and the Late Stan Lee – but also features panels, cosplay, autograph sessions, and a retail space with hundreds of stalls selling pop culture memorabilia.
https://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/2022/03/29/william-shatner-giancarlo/ William Shatner, Giancarlo Esposito and more join Fan X this year in SLC