UFC is set for its latest PPV offering. This time around, the Octagon has landed in Phoenix, Arizona on Saturday night for UFC 274 with two title fights on the marquee along with some legendary veterans filling out the undercard. However, things changed drastically at Friday’s weigh-in. Lightweight champion Charles Oliveira failed to gain weight and was stripped of his title. Now he will fight Justin Gaethje in the main event without winning him back as a consequence. However, Gaethje can still earn the crown if he wins.
Oliveira has made his career arguably the greatest lightweight champion in UFC history. A win over Gaethje would mark the longest title reign in recent years for the division, surpassing Khabib Nurmagomedov who retired in 2020 after defeating the same opponent in Gaethje. Oliveira has racked up 10 straight wins to get those points. Gaethje, meanwhile, recovered from the loss to Nurmagomedov and secured a second chance at the title with a win over Michael Chandler.
Can’t get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the martial arts world from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat starring Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including a full preview of Saturday night’s UFC 274 below.
Meanwhile, Rose Namajunas, the women’s strawweight champion of the world, and Carla Esparza will meet in the co-main event to repeat a fight from 2014. Esparza clinched the first strawweight crown against Namajunas in The Ultimate Fighter season 20 finale. She then promptly lost to Joanna Jedrzejczyk and has since worked her way back up to the title level. However, Namajunas fought her way through the odds to reach the summit as she passed Jedrzejczyk for the title in 2017.
Aside from the two title fights, other veterans fill out this loaded PPV map. Lightweight contenders Michael Chandler and Tony Ferguson will find themselves down in a match that promises action. Veterans Ovince Saint Preux and former champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua crack light heavyweight. And legendary veterans Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone and Lauzon kick off the celebrations with a welterweight match.
Below is the full fight card for UFC 274 along with the latest odds from Caesars Sportsbook.
UFC 274 fight card, odds
- Charles Oliveira (c) -170 vs. Justin Gaethje +145, easy title
- Rose Namajunas -220 vs. Carla Esparza +180, Women’s Strawweight Title
- Michael Chandler -380 vs. Tony Ferguson +300, lightweight
- Ovince Saint Preux -230 vs. Mauricio Rua +190, Light Heavyweight
- Donald Cerrone -175 vs. Joe Lauzon +150, lightweight
- Khaos Williams -120 vs. Randy Brown +100, welterweight
- Norma Dumont -220 vs. Macy Chiasson +180, Women’s Featherweight
- Blagoy Ivanov -155 vs. Marcos Rogerio De Lima +130, Heavyweight
- Brandon Royval -260 vs. Matt Schnell +210, flyweight
- Francisco Trinaldo -120 vs. Danny Roberts +100, welterweight
- Tracy Cortez -150 vs. Melissa Gatto +125, Women’s Flyweight
- Kleidison Rodrigues -340 vs. CJ Vergara +270, flyweight
- Loopy Godinez -170 vs. Ariane Carnelossi +145, women’s strawweight
- Fernie Garcia -150 vs. Journey Newson +125, bantamweight
- Andre Fiahlo -420 vs. Cameron Vancamp +330, welterweight
UFC 274 information
- Date: May 7th
- Location: Footprint Center—Phoenix, Arizona
- Start time: 10pm ET (main card)
- How to see: ESPN+ PPV
UFC 274 countdown
who wins Oliveira vs Gaethje? And what other picks do you need to see? Visit SportsLine now for in-depth top tips on UFC 274, all from the insider who has won more than $10,000 in MMA tips over the past two years, and find out.
https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/ufc-274-charles-oliveira-vs-justin-gaethje-fight-card-odds-date-start-time-location-complete-guide/ UFC 274 – Charles Oliveira vs. Justin Gaethje: Fight Card, Odds, Date, Start Time, Location, Full Guide