Google has released its annual ‘Top Search’ report – an in-depth look at this year’s search trends. In 2021, the focus of Google searches is on ‘cure’; after a long year of overcoming the COVID-19 pandemic and overcoming challenges on many fronts. As for food, we’ve seen some interesting trends on Google. As part of the top trends list in the Top Searches of the Year report, we’ve noticed curiosity around mouth-watering and viral foods like Feta Pasta and more. According to Google, these listings are based on the search terms with the highest spikes this year compared to the previous year.
The most trending food globally on Google in 2021
Last year, recipes like Dalgona coffee and banana bread were among the top searches on Google. This year, these comforting and simple recipes have been replaced with some fun and unique recipes. The most searched food on Google in 2021 globally is Birria Tacos. Indonesian fried rice, Nasi Goreng is second on the list. Simple Feta Pasta followed in third place.
Comfort recipes like baked oats, potato soup, and overnight oats are also among the top ten. Interestingly, three Japanese dishes also made it into the top 10 trending recipes globally – Shogayaki, Teriyaki Amberjack and Tonjiru.
Here are the 10 most trending foods globally on Google in 2021:
first) Birria Tacos This fried taco shell is dipped in casserole and has been tried by many bloggers and foodies online.
2) Nasi Goreng – One-pot meals are a simple way to clean up leftovers in the fridge by combining them with rice.
3) Feta Pasta – The simplicity and ease of cooking this pasta dish with tomatoes, olive oil, and feta cheese has made it a must-try for 2021.
4) Ban Charcuterie – These get their big time thanks to aesthetic sense and the fascinating concept of piecing together different textures.
5) Shogayaki – Ginger marinated pork according to this attractive Japanese recipe has taken the social network by storm.
6) Potato soup This hearty delight is comfort food for millions around the globe.
7) Teriyaki Amberjack – Another Japanese recipe in which the fish is cooked in a Teriyaki-style sauce.
8) Tonjiru – The comfort soup was featured in the Japanese series ‘Midnight Dinner’ and became extremely popular.
9) Baked Oats – Whether it’s dessert or breakfast, toasted oats definitely one of the biggest trends of 2021.
ten) Overnight Oats – When it comes to a quick breakfast, overnight oats top the list for foodies worldwide.
India’s top food and related search trends in 2021
As India grapples with a devastating second wave of the coronavirus pandemic, searches for food delivery and tiffins are at an all-time high. Terms ‘Deliver food near me,’ ‘Tiffin services near me and “takeaway restaurants near me” are among the top 10 “Near me” Google searches in India in 2021. It seems Indians want to learn the art of baking bread banana as the phrase ‘How to do’ Balloons‘is among the top ‘How To’ searches on Google.
Regarding recipes, Indians want to know about exotic dishes along with simple dishes. The most trending recipes are a well-balanced mix of international dishes along with local Indian dishes. Enoki mushrooms are the most searched food in India on Google in 2021. Modak and Methi Malai Matar next on the list. Other trending recipes include comfort foods like Chicken Soup, Cookies, and Matar Paneer. Indians also want to learn the art of making the popular immune drug ‘Kada’.
Here are the top 10 trending food and recipes in India on Google in 2021:
first) Enoki mushrooms It is a white mushroom commonly used in Japanese cooking, in keeping with the growing interest in Japanese dishes.
2) Modak – A popular sweet made during Ganesh Chaturthi festival, Modak most searched in 2021.
3) Methi Matar Malai – Making the most of the winter greens, this ice cream offers health and flavor and is therefore quite widely sought after in India.
4) Palak Another winter green, Palak is commonly used in a number of recipes. It is also a healthy source of vitamins and minerals for vegetarians.
5) Chicken soup – rich in protein chicken soup is a formula that instantly fills and nourishes the body.
6) Porn star Martini This cocktail made from passion fruit juice, lime juice and vodka has intrigued Indians.
7) Italian Grilled Noodles – Pasta pieces are layered with Marinara and cheese in this mouthwatering yet satisfying recipe.
8) Cookies – The love for cakes and bread was replaced by cookies this year, as Indians experimented with all kinds of cookie recipes.
9) Matar Paneer – One of the most popular vegetarian curries, Matar Paneer Simply never goes out of style.
ten) Kada – Immunity is one of the biggest concerns this year, that’s why Kada made this list.
What do you think of these trending recipes? How many of these have you tried? Tell us in the comments below.
Here’s wishing our readers a happy new year 2022!
https://food.ndtv.com/news/google-year-in-search-2021-the-top-searched-foods-and-why-they-trended-this-year-2652731 Top Google searches in 2021: Most searched foods and why they’re trending this year