There are some iconic stunts that are famous not only for the sheer thrill and excitement but also for the amazing cars used! Here is just a look at some of them.
Like the adrenaline pumping of movie stunts, especially when there’s a car involved? Here are some top stunts with cars and the amazing vehicles used in them.
- Disappear for 60 seconds– This 1974 film is famous for having the longest chase ever in cinematic history. This is a 40-minute car chase, still the longest chase in movie history over the years. HB Halicki, the creator of this iconic franchise, once drove the original Mustang Eleanor, the only car credited with the title in the film. Mandrian Pace, his character in the movie, races through five California cities to escape the police force, damaging 93 giant cars along the route! Many of these cars are owned by Halicki, including the $200 police cars he bought for this movie. The Mustang Eleanor made it through this long chase in partially damaged but drivable condition. The car leap on Redondo Beach is well worth a look!
- Captain America: Winter Soldier– This 2014 movie has a long scene in which Nick Fury is attacked by Hydra. Hydra has grown in the organization for several decades and it comes to Fury, whose burly SUV is well equipped with a number of gadgets. This tense situation caused Fury’s car to make its way through the traffic jam to the Roosevelt Bridge, heading for the intersection to get out. It leads to a great stunt where the Winter Soldier takes aim at Fury and flips his car.
- Mad Max: Fury Road– The 2015 film in this series features great action sequences including a 75-car convoy moving across the sand, separating Max and Furiosa. This iconic sight has made a lot of sense, especially for its incredible cars and adrenaline pumping nature.
- Man with a golden gun– The 1974 Bond movie featuring the AMC Hornet leapfrogged in all its glory! Roger Moore as James Bond goes with Sheriff JW Pepper and they chase Scaramanga but find themselves in the wrong direction of the river. This resulted in a 360-degree spin jump made by the vehicle!
- Smokey and the Bandit– This 1977 movie features an iconic Pontiac Trans Am with a character stunt Bo Darville Jump over a bridge that has collapsed! The film’s director Hal Needham used a booster to perform this terrifying stunt!
These are just some of the most iconic stunts and stunts in history. Know anything more? Let us know!
https://www.carandbike.com/news/top-cars-used-in-movie-stunts-2642753 Top cars used in movie stunts