Russian military tries to call up a dead man for the war in Ukraine

Russia claims only those who have experience or have already served will be mobilized (Picture: EPA)

Russia claims only those who have experience or have already served will be mobilized (Picture: EPA)

Thousands across Russia have been ordered to fight since Vladimir Putin announced partial mobilization – including a man who died in 2020.

Officers came to Alexander Bezdorozhny with draft papers urging him to report for military service.

But Mr Bezdorozhny, who had been suffering from chronic pneumonia, had died in December 2020 at the height of the Covid pandemic, aged 40.

His sister Natalia Semyonova said: “It hurts me that the state only remembers him after he is dead.

“He was an invalid and had never served in the army.”

In Buryatia, the Russian province where Mr. Bezdorozhny lived, partial mobilization has resulted in some men being drafted regardless of their age, military history or medical history.

This has led Buryat rights activists to believe that the mobilization will fall on poor ethnic minority regions to avoid sparking popular anger in the capital Moscow.

The outcry has prompted Governor Alexei Tsydanov to issue a statement clarifying the situation.

Russian police arrest protesters

Police have arrested people who took part in protests against the mobilization (Image: EPA)

Day 2 of mobilization in Russia

Families say goodbye to loved ones as mobilization begins in Russia (Image: social media/e2w)

He claims that those who have not previously served in the army or who have medical exemptions are not mobilized, although he admitted that some draft notices had been wrongly given to such men.

But after Putin announced the mobilization on Wednesday, Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said it wasn’t for all citizens, only for reservists who previously served in the Russian army and have combat experience or special military skills.

Thousands more Russians are now to be sent to the war in Ukraine, according to a chilling new message from Putin.

The Russian dictator also warned he was not bluffing about his willingness to use nuclear weapons against the West.

Lines of cars trying to leave Russia at the country's border with Finland

Queues of cars were seen leaving Russia and trying to get to Finland (Image: Fontanka)

Vladimir Putin and Sergei Shoigu

President Vladimir Putin with Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu (Image: AP)

According to the Kremlin, around 300,000 army reservists will be ordered to fight in Ukraine.

Many Russians have reportedly received phone calls asking them to enlist, or officers have turned up on their doorsteps and ordered men to report for military service.

After President Putin announced that civilians would be conscripted to fight in Ukraine, flights to countries that still offer Russians visa-free travel sold out in hours and prices skyrocketed.

Flights from Moscow to Dubai, which would have cost around £181 in January, have risen to more than £8,000 per seat.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, Visit our news page.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/24/russian-military-try-to-conscript-dead-man-for-war-in-ukraine-17442609/ Russian military tries to call up a dead man for the war in Ukraine

Justin Scacco

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button