One of the biggest racing events of the year, Royal Ascot 2022 is fast approaching – and promises to be “something special” as it is Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Anniversary Year.
The racecourse will soon be filled with thousands of well-dressed spectators wearing fascinators and hats – including members of the royal family.
Whether Her Majesty will be able to attend the event remains unknown after the 96-year-old monarch was forced to miss the Epsom Derby due to ongoing mobility issues.
For those who aren’t in the Berkshire crowd, here’s everything you need to know to make sure you don’t miss out on any of the action.
When does Royal Ascot 2022 start?
The races start on Tuesday 14th June and last until Saturday 18th June.
The first race – the Queen Anne Stakes – starts on Tuesday at 2:30pm and the last race is on Saturday at 6:10pm.
Full race times from Royal Ascot 2022
The dates and times of all races at Royal Ascot 2022 are as follows:
Tuesday – June 14th
- 2.30 p.m Queen Anne Stakes (Group 1)
- 3:05 p.m Coventry Stakes (Group 2)
- 3.40 p.m King’s Posts (Group 1)
- 4:20 p.m St. James’s Palace Piles (Group 1)
- 17:00 o’clock Ascot inserts
- 5:35 p.m Wolferton Stakes (listed)
- 6:10 p.m Copper horse posts
Wednesday – June 15th
- 2.30 p.m Queen Mary Stakes (Group 2)
- 3:05 p.m Queen’s Vase (Group 2)
- 3.40 p.m Prince of Wales Stakes (Group 1)
- 4:20 p.m Duke of Cambridge (Group 2)
- 17:00 o’clock Royal hunting cup
- 5:35 p.m Windsor Castle Piles (listed)
- 6:10 p.m Kensington Palace pilings
Thursday – June 16th
- 2.30 p.m Norfolk Operations (Group 2)
- 3:05 p.m King George V Stakes
- 3.40 p.m Ribblesdale Missions (Group 2)
- 4:15 p.m Gold Cup (Group 1)
- 17:00 o’clock Britannia Missions
- 5:35 p.m Hampton Court Stakes (Group 3)
- 6:10 p.m Buckingham Palace pilings
Friday – June 17th
- 2.30 p.m Albany Stakes (Group 3)
- 3:05 p.m Commonwealth Cup (Group 1)
- 3.40 p.m Stakes of the Duke of Edinburgh
- 4:20 p.m Coronation Stakes (Group 1)
- 17:00 o’clock Sandringham Stakes
- 5:35 p.m King Edward VII Stakes (Group 2)
- 6:10 p.m Palace of the Holyroodhouse Piles
Saturday – June 18th
- 2.30 p.m Chesham Stakes (listed)
- 3:05 p.m Jersey Stakes (Group 3)
- 3.40 p.m Hardwicke Stakes (Group 2)
- 4:20 p.m Platinum Jubilee Stakes (Group 1)
- 17:00 o’clock Wokingham Stakes
- 5:35 p.m Golden Gates Stakes
- 6:10 p.m Queen Alexandra stakes
How to watch Royal Ascot 2022 on ITV?
All of this year’s Royal Ascot races will be broadcast live on a mix of ITV and ITV4 for fans at home.
Tune in to ITV between 1.30pm and 6.00pm daily and ITV4 between 5.50pm and 6.35pm.
Ed Chamberlain will once again host the event and will be joined by a number of guests including former jockeys Johnny Murtagh, Ruby Walsh and Sir Anthony McCoy.
Ahead of the races, Mr Chamberlain said: “In its platinum anniversary year, Royal Ascot 2022 will be special.
“ITV Racing will be covering every single race and we’re ready for some sizzling action on track with our very own superstars trying to hold off the tough international challenge.
“With the return of thousands of crowds, the royal procession and daily sing-alongs on the bandstand, we are in for a week to remember.”
Can I still buy Royal Ascot tickets?
Some tickets are still available in the shop Royal Ascot website ahead of the event.
Prices start from £37 for a seat in the Windsor Enclosure, but guests can book a luxury hospitality day in the Old Press Room for a whopping £2,249 per person.
The spectator stand of the Royal Enclosure will of course only be accessible to invited guests this year.
MORE: Prince Harry fell off his horse and ran through three animals while playing polo
MORE: Queen’s love for horses is shown as she feeds an ‘extraordinary’ mare in unseen clip
Follow Metro on our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Share your views in the comments below
https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/13/royal-ascot-2022-race-times-and-dates-tickets-and-how-to-watch-on-tv-16815941/ Royal Ascot 2022: Race times and dates, tickets and how to watch them on TV