Prince Harry claimed that King Charles IIIs team was involved in the leak about his and Megan Markle‘s planned royal departure.
During the second part of their Netflix docuseries, which began streaming on Thursday December 15, Harry, 38, explained that the initial plan was for the couple to move to South Africa. After a leak saw those plans scrapped, the Duke of Sussex chose Canada as an alternative in a phone conversation with his 74-year-old father.
According to Harry, when this potential decision made the news prematurely, he began questioning the source.
“It became clear that the institution was leaking the fact that we were going back to Canada. And the key piece of that story that made me aware that the contents of the letter between me and my father had been leaked was that we were willing to give up our Sussex titles,” he said, noting he broke the sentence into one earlier conversation with had mentioned his father. “That was the giveaway.”
BetterUp’s CIO recalled feeling as if his and Meghan’s lives had been literally “taken from under them”. For her part, the former actress, 41, confirmed the couple had issued a statement following the leaks in January 2020.
“At that point you could feel the clock ticking. So we decided with our team to make a statement that unfortunately we would be resigning. Don’t resign, just play a reduced role,” she explained in the fifth episode.
Harry also slammed the assumption that Queen Elizabeth II was unaware of her plans, adding: “This idea that I supposedly took my grandmother by surprise. That would never happen. I have so much respect for her.”
In 2020, Harry and Meghan made headlines when they announced their plans to step down from their senior roles as working members of the royal family.
“After many months of thought and internal discussion, we have decided to make a transition this year and begin to carve out a progressive new role within this institution,” they wrote in an Instagram statement at the time. “We intend to step down as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work towards becoming financially independent, whilst continuing to give our full support to Her Majesty The Queen. With your encouragement, especially over the past few years, we feel ready to make this adjustment.”
In the lengthy social media post, the duo explained that they were relocating to the United States.
“We now plan to balance our time between the UK and North America and continue to fulfill our duty to the Queen, the Commonwealth and our Patronages,” they added. “This geographic balance will allow us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also giving our family the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity. “
After her exit was final, Harry opened up about his strained relationship with his father. “I feel really disappointed because he went through something similar, he knows what pain feels like… Archie is his grandson,” explained the Brit-born, who has son Archie, 3, and daughter Lili, 18 months, with his wife shares, during a full-length CBS interview in March 2021. “I will always love him. A lot of suffering has happened. I will continue to make healing this relationship one of my priorities.”
A source tells exclusively Us weekly that Charles was dissatisfied with his son’s public comments. “Charles doesn’t approve of Harry publicly destroying his entire family,” the insider shared that same month. “Charles thinks these matters could easily have been addressed in private.”
Earlier this month, a second source revealed that Charles was concerned about the possible allegations in his son’s docuseries. “He worries about it more than anyone,” the insider said. “While putting on a brave face, behind closed doors he is concerned that the docuseries will do irreparable damage to the monarchy.”
The palace has yet to publicly address Harry and Meghan’s claims Harry & Megan.
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/prince-harry-accuses-king-charles-iiis-team-of-leaking-exit-news/ Prince Harry accuses King Charles III’s team of leaking exit news