A mother has warned those going to Glastonbury Festival this week not to take nitrous oxide after it ‘exploded’ her son’s lungs.
Alex Littler, 16, inhaled nitrous oxide during a performance but was later hospitalized with a swollen throat, shortness of breath and a ruptured lung.
Medics said he was lucky to be alive.
Mum Cathy McCann, 44, from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, said: “Nobody knows the consequences.”
The beautician added: “It could have killed him.
“His lung has a hole.”
Nitrous oxide is legally used as an anesthetic but is often pumped into balloons to be inhaled by those looking for a high.
It is illegal to provide it for such effects.
A spokesman for the festival said: “As contraband it is banned in Glastonbury under the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016.”
https://www.the-sun.com/health/5595944/son-lung-exploded-laughing-gas/ My 16-year-old son’s lungs ‘exploded’ after inhaling nitrous oxide – he’s lucky to be alive