Mum is now afraid to boil a kettle after a hot water bottle exploded on her

Ms Powell was seriously injured after the water bottle exploded (Image: Media Wales)

Ms Powell was seriously injured after the water bottle exploded (Image: Media Wales)

A mum whose hot-water bottle exploded after filling it with boiling water was so traumatized she’s now too scared to pour a kettle.

Helen Powell, 45, suffered from back pain and used a hot water bottle to relieve her pain.

But Mrs Powell, from Brynamman, Carmarthenshire, made the mistake of filling the water bottle with boiling water.

She screamed in agony as it exploded, scalding her buttocks and legs.

Ms Powell was taken to the hospital by her daughter and the skin began to peel off the backs of her legs.

Ms Powell said she will “never forget it for the rest of my life” after suffering horrific burns.

blank

Ms Powell was left with ‘terrible’ burns (Image: Media Wales)

Helen Cowell was left with burns after using a hot water bottle, who died last April

Helen Cowell was left with burns after using a hot water bottle who died (Image: Media Wales)

She said: “I only remember being in a room in intensive care and I don’t remember much else, just the pain.

“It’s not just a minor burn, it’s horrifying. Because of the nerve damage in my legs, I couldn’t walk properly for a while and had to use a Zimmer frame.’

The accident left severe scars.

“Everything in my legs, my buttocks and the back of my calves,” Ms. Powell said.

“And it may never go away. When I wear shorts it is very visible. Terrible, wrinkled, crusty and dry. That upsets me too, but it could have been my face.”

The accident left Ms Powell traumatized and afraid of hot water.

She said: “I can’t take a bath, I’m too scared. I have to take a lukewarm shower. When I boil potatoes or vegetables, I can’t drain them. My daughter has to do all of that. I will not pour a kettle.

“People don’t think about these things.

“The fear of a boiling kettle – I couldn’t drink coffee or a cup of tea for almost three months because of fear. That’s how it affected me.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, Visit our news page.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/10/19/woman-now-scared-of-boiling-a-kettle-after-hot-water-bottle-exploded-on-her-17598078/ Mum is now afraid to boil a kettle after a hot water bottle exploded on her

Justin Scacco

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button