Misfired fireworks set Payson home ablaze

Fire caused about $150,000 in damage.

(Payson Fire & Rescue) Fireworks set a Payson home ablaze on Tuesday night.

A Payson home was severely damaged on Tuesday night when errant fireworks set the home ablaze.

According to Payson Fire & Rescue, a neighbor’s fireworks “tipped over” and shot into large evergreen shrubs next to a house at 983 E. 300 North shortly after 11 p.m., and winds blew the flames into the home. By the time firefighters arrived, flames were shooting from the front of the house.

The fire was extinguished in about 10 minutes, according to fire officials, but the house suffered about $150,000 in damage. There were no injuries, but the home is inhabitable and the man who lived there has been displaced.

Under Utah law, lighting fireworks was legal until midnight on Tuesday. Officials did not say if any charges are pending against the neighbor.

Justin Scaccy

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button