Local

Metroink’s $52 million security plan is moving forward

ST. LOUIS – Bi-State Development is moving forward with a $52 million MetroLink security plan. FOX 2 first reported on the effort in November.

The agency’s safety committee voted Thursday to proceed with requesting proposals for a design plan. The agency also confirmed that some private funding had been secured for the project.

“This could be the biggest thing to help MetroLink,” said Derrick Keith Cox, bi-state development commissioner. “I think that makes it safer.”

Kevin Scott is Bi-State’s General Manager of Security. He said the security project includes a reconfiguration to add turnstiles, an overhaul of the fences and an upgrade of the transit system’s closed-circuit camera program to include a real-time camera center upgrade.

Another issue the agency wants to address is monitoring MetroLink. Three separate agencies are currently communicating on separate radio frequencies.

“Our long-term vision is to unify them into one police dispatching channel, and that’s what we’re working toward,” Scott said.

For more details on the safety plan and Thursday’s meeting, seeClick here.

https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/52-million-metroink-safety-plan-moves-forward/ Metroink’s $52 million security plan is moving forward

Nate Jones

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button