Microsoft and third-party developers have released new content for Microsoft Flight Simulator, including the Top Gun: Maverick DLC.
Today, both Microsoft and third-party developers had a few releases for Microsoft Flight Simulator to share, including the highly anticipated Top Gun: Maverick DLC.
The movie-themed extension is completely free and includes the following.
- A Top Gun: Maverick Edition paint job for the F/A-18E Super Hornet.
- Three training missions for the Super Hornet, allowing you to master radical flight maneuvers, including unrestricted takeoffs, split-S maneuvers, and low-altitude, high-speed maneuvers through complex terrain.
- Five high-speed, low-level challenges that require supreme skill to navigate just over mountains and traverse canyons.
- A carrier deck landing challenge, one of the most demanding operations in the military aviation world.
- A never-before-seen hypersonic aircraft capable of speeds of Mach 10 and altitudes in excess of 150,000 feet above sea level.
- A mission to zoom into the stratosphere.
Remember that you have to download it manually from the official in-game marketplace.
The good folks at Northern Sky Studio revealed that they are based out of Lanai Airport (PHNY) in Hawaii, USA. It will be released in June.
Next we have three payware airport versions. The first is Radin Inten II International Airport (WILL) serving Bandar Lampung in Indonesia, created by Suroboyo Simulation.
It is currently available on Simmarket for $10.34 plus sales tax.
Next we get the launch of Denham Aerodrome (EGLD) in the UK by Burning Blue Design.
It is currently available on Orbx Central for $16.94.
- Over 80 custom 3D objects have been created exclusively for Denham Aerodrome, each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures.
- Thousands of carefully placed stock investments.
- Improved high resolution color corrected ground textures.
- Highly detailed control tower and cafe interiors.
- Working analogue weather instrument in the control room.
- Custom Windsock.
- Dynamic objects and visitors change depending on the time of day.
- Full night lighting with runway lights and working APAPI
- Correct AI pattern procedures and accurate taxiway and runway placement.
Most recently, FeelThere published its Frankfurt Airport (EDDF) in Germany.
It is available on Simmarket for $12.76 plus sales tax.
Below is a gallery and some bullet points, but it’s worth noting that they include “custom animated jetways,” but the ones we see in the images definitely look like they’re the default models.
- Modeled buildings with high-resolution PBR textures
- Custom animated passenger boarding bridges
- The airport follows the slope of the real terrain
- Improved airport lighting
- Custom taxi signs with emissive lighting
If you want to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator addons, you can check out our recent reviews of Fenix Airbus A320, West Virginia International Yeager Airport, Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, View Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Krakow Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport , Fort Lauderdale Airport , Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, CRJ 550/700, PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, F-15 Eagle, Par is City Pack, G larger Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi Airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review, which will tell you everything you need to know about the game from Asobo Studio.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam as well as Xbox Series X|S.
https://twinfinite.net/2022/05/microsoft-flight-simulator-top-gun-maverick/ Maverick DLC, Frankfurt Airport, Radin Inten II and Denham Released; Lanai announced