A man faces multiple firearms charges after police discovered an alleged photograph of him posing next to a toddler with a gun.
Police say they found the photos on a cellphone seized in a raid on a house in Yagoona last month while investigating the May 22 death of 24-year-old Marvin Oraiha in Elizabeth Hills.
They said the photos showed the 21-year-old holding two pistols alongside a young child with a third Glock-style pistol. Police said the pictures were taken on May 21, the day before the shooting.
On July 12, seven homes in western Sydney were raided as part of Strike Force Hackenburg, which was formed to investigate Oraiha’s death. A 22-year-old man was charged at the time of the raids and remains in court.
Police arrested the 21-year-old man at a house in Yagoona on Tuesday morning and charged him with 13 offenses, including possession of an unauthorized handgun, unsafe keeping of a firearm and giving a handgun to an unauthorized person was to own her.
The man was denied bail for his appearance at Bankstown Magistrates Court this afternoon.
The Morning Edition newsletter is our guide to the day’s most important and interesting stories, analysis and insights. Login here.