Local

Man electrocuted while repairing TV antenna in Taunton, causing fire – Boston News, Weather, Sports

TAUNTON, MASS. (WHDH) – A man has died after trying to remove an antenna from a three-story building. He was electrocuted and started a fire that spread to the outside of the building.

“All I saw was sparks and then a man on fire,” a neighbor said of the Danforth Street scene.

Sources tell 7NEWS the man was the building’s landlord and was fixing the antenna from a third-story balcony just before 8 a.m. when it struck a nearby power line. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Flames from the electrocution spread and caught part of the house on fire.

Several authorities responded to the crime scene, which was cordoned off as of Thursday afternoon.

The man’s name has not been released pending full notifications to next of kin and formal identification by the Chief Medical Examiner’s office.

(Copyright (c) 2022 Sunbeam Television. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, transcribed or redistributed.)

Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest news straight to your inbox

https://whdh.com/news/man-electrocuted-in-taunton-while-fixing-tv-antenna-causing-fire/ Man electrocuted while repairing TV antenna in Taunton, causing fire – Boston News, Weather, Sports

Nate Jones

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button