Man, 91, strangled by his own scarf after becoming tangled in drill
A 91-year-old man was strangled by his own scarf after becoming entangled in a drill he was using at home.
Antonio Campo, who lived in the Italian town of Acate in Ragusa, southern Sicily, suffocated when the garment caught in the electric drill, forming a tight knot around his neck.
His wife, whose name is not given, was also at home but didn’t realize what had happened until it was too late, according to local media.
She called the emergency services but nothing could be done to save his life.
Mr Campo’s body was taken for an autopsy and the coroner ruled the death was an accident.
His funeral took place on March 15 at the Madre di Acate church in Acate.
The make and model of the drill have not yet been released.
In 2019, a 58-year-old woman died in France in front of her 15-year-old son when her scarf got stuck in a food processor.
They were baking together at home in Saint-Etienne when the crazy accident happened.
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at email@example.com.
For more stories like this, Visit our news page.
Get the top news, feel-good stories, analysis and more
https://metro.co.uk/2023/03/17/man-91-strangled-by-his-own-scarf-after-it-got-tangled-in-drill-18463377/ Man, 91, strangled by his own scarf after becoming tangled in drill