Local

Jan. 6 Panel Owns New Trump Documentary Footage – Boston News, Weather, Sports

WASHINGTON (AP) — New footage of former President Donald Trump and his inner circle, taken both before and after Jan. 6, 2021, is now in possession of the House Committee investigating the deadly attack on the Capitol.

The disclosure of the never-before-seen footage came to light on Tuesday amid the committee’s public hearings, when British filmmaker Alex Holder revealed he had complied with a subpoena from Congress to release all the footage he had seen of Trump’s reelection campaign in the final few weeks filmed in 2020.

“When we began this project in September 2020, we could never have predicted that one day our work would be subpoenaed by Congress,” Holder wrote in a statement on Twitter.

The filmmaker said the footage includes exclusive interviews with Trump, his children and then-Vice President Mike Pence during the campaign and before and after the Capitol riot.

The first senior Trump campaign leaders to hear about the documentary were Tuesday morning, when the project was first reported by Politico, according to two former officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the group’s reaction .

The series, titled “Unprecedented,” has been purchased by a streaming service and is set to release in three parts this summer, Holder wrote.

News of the footage also came as members of the committee held their fourth public hearing, this time focusing on how Trump’s relentless push to scuttle the 2020 presidential election led to widespread threats against local poll workers and state officials.

Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-Md., one of the panel members, told reporters Tuesday afternoon that he had been personally contacted by someone with knowledge of the footage and that the committee decided at the time to cancel his subpoena to release.

“I haven’t seen it yet, but I know it exists,” Raskin said.

The footage marks the second time the committee has relied on documentary footage from the day to gather evidence for its lengthy, nearly year-long investigation. The first public hearing in early June featured testimony by Nick Questedanother British filmmaker embedded in the Proud Boys in the weeks following Trump’s 2020 election loss.

Holder’s statement also said he will appear before the committee on Thursday to testify.

(Copyright (c) 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, transcribed or redistributed.)

Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest news straight to your inbox

https://whdh.com/news/jan-6-panel-in-possession-of-new-trump-documentary-footage/ Jan. 6 Panel Owns New Trump Documentary Footage – Boston News, Weather, Sports

Nate Jones

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button