Jack Russell dies minutes after swimming in Andover Lake

Pictured: Maple the Jack Russell Miniature A devastated couple are calling for action after their beloved pet became the second dog to die at a popular beauty spot in recent months. James Brady and Patricia Gora opened up about the

Maple the Mini Jack Russell is the second dog to die at Anton Lakes in Andover this year (Image: Solent News)

A devastated couple are calling for action after their mini Jack Russell became the second dog to die at a beauty spot in months.

James Brady and Patricia Gora found Maple “convulsing” and “frothing at the mouth” minutes after he swallowed water from Anton Lakes in Andover, Hampshire, during an early morning walk.

Army cook Patricia, 29, watched “life” drain from Maple’s eyes, saying: “She looked at me and her eyes rolled and her whole body started shaking.

“She tried to find her balance, but she couldn’t. I thought maybe it was the cold of the water, so I tried massaging her.”

James, 34, added: “She was getting worse and worse. Her mouth was foaming and her heartbeat was getting so weak.

“We weren’t prepared but at that point it wouldn’t have mattered anyway, it happened so quickly.

“It was horrific. Seeing all of this before our eyes was just a nightmare.”

Maple was taken to the nearest vet, but they couldn’t save her, telling the couple she probably ingested a “poison” from the lake.

Pictured: Anton Lakes A devastated couple are calling for action after their beloved pet became the second dog to die at a popular beauty spot in recent months. James Brady and Patricia Gora opened up about the

Maple started cramping and frothing at the mouth after swimming in the lake (Image: Solent News)

Accountant Jordan Shearman, 24, and kindergarten teacher Hannah Washington, 23, lost their year-old Cocker Spaniel puppy Roo in similar circumstances.

They said their “precious” pup suffered from seizures similar to Maple’s.

Unfortunately, after Roo’s death, James and Patricia were unaware of the Test Valley City Council’s investigation into “blue-green algae” at the lake.

Tests showed the water was below potential risk levels, but a warning sign was posted at one entrance.

But the couple, from Tidworth, Wiltshire, didn’t see it and are now calling for more signs to be put up around the lake.

“There’s obviously something wrong with the lake,” James added. “You might think everyone knows, but that doesn’t apply to people like us who travel to Andover.

“It’s a beautiful lake and place, but you don’t know the risks right now until it’s too late. Maybe this time they’ll take it seriously.”

The council has since taken further water samples from the lake but warned there is always a risk of natural waters in the UK containing the algae.

A spokesman said: “We have put up temporary notices advising people not to swim in the lake or allow their dogs to drink or play in the water as a precaution.

“We understand people will be concerned as another dog passed away a few months ago after visiting the lakes.

“Blue-green algae occur naturally and are commonly present in small quantities in ponds, streams, lakes and estuaries across the UK.

“It therefore remains important to note that there is always some risk involved with any pet or person swimming in a natural body of water, especially in hot and sunny weather.

“The loss of a pet is devastating and our thoughts are with the owners of Maple.”

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, Visit our news page.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/08/21/jack-russell-dies-minutes-after-swimming-in-andover-lake-17219689/ Jack Russell dies minutes after swimming in Andover Lake

Justin Scacco

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button