Lifestyle

I’m sharing this photo of my baby to save other parents from our heartbreaking nightmare

A mother shares a photo of her baby during a nightmarish ordeal to save other parents their heartbreak.

Reynalyn Pacyod, 29, watched as her seven-month-old daughter Mayumi Anderson quickly became uncomfortable in her own kitchen.

Mayumi Anderson swelled to three times her size, was covered in hives, and passed out whenever she ate peanut butter

5

Mayumi Anderson swelled to three times her size, was covered in hives, and passed out whenever she ate peanut butterPhoto credit: Kennedy News
Reynalyn Pacyod, 29, warns other parents about her ordeal

5

Reynalyn Pacyod, 29, warns other parents about her ordealPhoto credit: Kennedy News

The mother-of-two feared her baby would die when the little tot bloated to three times his usual size and passed out after eating peanut butter.

Reynalyn had followed baby weaning advice online to introduce allergens into Mayumi’s diet. She topped her toast with peanut butter.

She had no concerns as none of her family had suffered from anaphylaxis.

But just minutes after the baby nibbled the toast, he started crying and developed a small lump on his lip, prompting Reynalyn to call an ambulance.

The mother's warning after the toddler almost chokes on the children's love for everyday foods
Mum issues dire warning when she discovers mold hiding in her child's sippy cup

Paramedics and doctors tried to save her life with adrenaline injections.

Luckily, Raynalyn’s youngest child was able to recover from the reaction.

But Reynalyn is now warning other parents to be vigilant when trying to introduce allergens and never leave their children unattended at mealtimes.

Reynalyn, from Bromley, London, said: “It’s every mother’s worst nightmare.

“It was very scary. She looked as if she had been stung by a bee, and swelled to three times her normal size.

“My husband [Michael Anderson] had taken my eldest daughter to kindergarten and I gave Mayumi breakfast.

“I follow baby-led weaning and read online that if you give them allergens early on, there’s a high chance a reaction won’t be as bad.

“I didn’t think she would be allergic or that it would be that bad.

“She just ate a piece and I noticed she had a little bump on her lip. I was alarmed and immediately called the ambulance. It went so fast, even though it felt like a long time.

“I yelled at the operator to please hurry up.”

When she didn’t respond, I thought I might lose her.

reynalyn

Reynalyn tried desperately to stay calm, but upon seeing little Mayumi lose consciousness and go “limp,” she feared the baby might die in the ambulance.

Reynalyn said: “Within five minutes an ambulance arrived and she began to pass out again.

“They gave her an adrenaline shot because I was just crying at the time.

“I was calm, but when she started to pass out and couldn’t breathe, I cried. It was really scary.

“I was really panicking. When she didn’t respond, I thought I might lose her.

“They tapped her and she didn’t respond, so they gave her another shot of adrenaline.

“After the adrenaline injection she fell asleep, after which she was fine. She was still swollen but tried to smile.”

Eventually, the boy fell asleep in her hospital bed and slept through the rest of her ordeal before waking up and feeling better.

The NHS says allergens should be given in very small amounts to babies from around six months.

Raynalyn says she followed the advice of baby weaning experts online and said reactions can occur even when weaning is done safely.

After initially wracked with guilt over what happened to her youngest child, she claims to have been reassured by other parents online.

Reynalyn said: “When parents try to introduce allergens like peanut butter, start with it on the back of the hand or a small piece on the lips, but it doesn’t always give them a reaction until you’ve given it to them as a food.

“You can’t always tell if you’re doing it in the safest way — it’ll still happen if it’s going to happen.”

“I uploaded the video to TikTok and five hours later I got a lot of comments. I got very emotional reading all the messages saying it’s not my fault.”

Reynalyn said her daughter’s reaction progressed so quickly, from symptoms on her face to the insides of her body in 20 minutes.

She said: “Within three minutes she went from the little bump on her lip to [it being] all over her face.

“She was passed out and unconscious.

“Ten minutes later it was all over her body and by the time we got to the hospital it had spread all over her body with hives everywhere.

“You must be mindful and never leave her. If you’re feeding a baby, you shouldn’t leave her for a second.”

Little Mayumi was given two shots of adrenaline before falling asleep in the hospital

5

Little Mayumi was given two shots of adrenaline before falling asleep in the hospitalPhoto credit: Kennedy News
Mayumi eats the toast with peanut butter spread

5

Mayumi eats the toast with peanut butter spreadPhoto credit: Kennedy News
Reynalyn said her daughter's reaction developed quickly. She warned other parents not to take their eyes off their babies for a second while they are eating

5

Reynalyn said her daughter’s reaction developed quickly. She warned other parents not to take their eyes off their babies for a second while they are eatingPhoto credit: Kennedy News

https://www.the-sun.com/health/5557043/mum-shares-photo-baby-warn-parents-allergy-nightmare/ I’m sharing this photo of my baby to save other parents from our heartbreaking nightmare

Sarah Y. Kim

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button