One of McDonald’s most popular items is the Maccies Milkshake, a thick and delicious shake that comes in four flavors.
If you can’t reach one of the chain’s many locations, here’s how to make your own McDonald’s milkshake at home.
What’s in McDonald’s milkshakes?
According to the fast-food chain itself, the popular milkshakes are not actually milkshakes in the traditional sense.
McDonald’s milkshakes are made from the same Softserve machine as other McDonald’s favorites – the McFlurry.
They also contain sugar, glucose syrup, whey powder, stabilizers like gummies and cream.
This gives them their thick creamy texture rather than a more runny shake.
Any flavor is added to the base milkshake – banana, vanilla, chocolate or strawberry.
McDonald’s Monopoly 2021 – When does it start and what’s up for grabs?
How to make a McDonald’s milkshake from home
For a simple milkshake you will need:
- 250 g vanilla ice cream
- 160g milk (add more if needed)
- vanilla: Add a drop of vanilla essence or a teaspoon of powdered sugar.
- chocolate: Add two tablespoons of any drinking chocolate powder, e.g. B. Nesquik or Options Hot Chocolate (do not use cocoa as it is too bitter).
- strawberry: Add two tablespoons of Nesquik strawberry.
- banana: To get the very sweet taste of McDonald’s shakes, add two tablespoons of Nesquik banana. Or add a chopped banana for a more subtle flavor. If you really want it to look authentic, a few drops of yellow food coloring will do the trick.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- When adding aroma powder, start with just one tablespoon and taste. If you need to add more, add the rest little by little, tasting as you go.
- Remember that the main ingredient is ice cream. So the more you blend, the more it melts and the thinner it gets.
- Pour into two glasses, add straws and serve.
ACCORDING to recipe website Topsecretrecipes.com, the best way to make replica shakes is to use Nesquik powder, which luckily also comes in strawberry, chocolate, and banana flavors.
If you’re making a traditional homemade milkshake, chances are you’re using more milk than ice cream.
However, to achieve McDonald’s famed thickness, you need to have about a 2 to 1¼ ratio of ice cream to milk.
We used semi-skimmed milk, but for even creamier use whole milk.
How Many Calories Are in McDonald’s Milkshakes?
The calorie content of a McDonald’s milkshake varies depending on the size and flavor of the drink.
All of them are about 460 calories for a large drink and just under 200 calories in a small cup.
Surprisingly, the vanilla flavor is the most calorie-dense at 469 calories per large serving.
The lowest calorie milkshake you can get is the banana or strawberry mini portion, both of which are 188 calories.
https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/3540368/make-your-own-mcdonalds-milkshake/ How to make your own McDonald’s milkshake from the comfort of your own home