If you want to freely drive abroad, you must have an international driving license. Thankfully, buying one in India doesn’t have to be complicated.
If you are aiming for a beautiful and scenic vacation, chances are you want to choose to drive yourself. Moreover, a trip across the country is the best way to discover the local culture and cuisine. You can master the wheel, but you need an international driver’s license to drive abroad.
You can legally and adventurously drive on foreign roads with an international driving license. The best part about all of this is that it only takes 4 to 5 business days to get an International Driving Permit (IDL). Without further delay, help you get the IDL.
Why Is An International Driving Permit Important
Just like you need a driver’s license to drive on Indian roads, the IDL allows you to legally travel on foreign roads. If you want to rent a self-drive car for your vacation, you must first obtain an international driving license. Traveling without an international driver’s license can get you in trouble with the authorities.
After obtaining an international license, you are free to experience the beautiful countryside alone. It eliminates the risk of being fined. Furthermore, the international driving license also serves as a proof of identity.
Documents required to obtain an international driving license
To get an international driver’s license, you need to provide certain documents. These documents are required to verify your identity and eligibility to drive on the road abroad. Gather these documents in addition to your local driver’s license before applying for an international driving license in India:
- Proof of your Indian citizenship
- Copy of visa and passport
- Air ticket copy
- Passport size photo
- Address and proof of age
- Signed and stamped application form (Form CMV-4)
- Completed Form 1A and CMV-1 highlighting your medical condition in addition to a medical certificate issued by a government-certified physician
How to Apply for an International Driving Permit
You will be pleased to know that the IDL application process takes only 4 to 5 business days. Before you proceed, note that the applicant must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible for a permit. Here is the complete process to get an international driving license:
- Select the ‘International Driver’s License Form’ from your nearest RTO or download it from the International Controlled Traffic Association website.
- Submit all the documents mentioned to start the process for your IDL
- Take the driving test on the scheduled date and time
- Pay the amount to process your international driver’s license
- It may take a day or two for the IDL to process. Once the IDL is ready, the RTO will deliver it to your permanent address.
See, getting an international driving license in India is not as difficult as you think! Simply fill out the form and complete the process, and you’ll have your international driver’s license in a few days.
https://www.carandbike.com/news/how-to-get-international-driving-licence-permit-in-india-2656180 How to get an international driving license in India