From the benefits of personal training in your living room to delivery sustainable nutritional inspiration, smartphone apps have become an integral part of everyday life.
They help us listen to podcasts while we fall asleep and allow us to enjoy our favorite Netflix series on the go.
However, apps can come with a whole host of hidden costs that can quickly eat up your bank account — something many are trying to avoid as they feel the pressure of the cost-of-living crisis.
Knowing how to cancel each of your subscriptions is important, but it can be difficult if you’re not sure which apps you’ve joined or are still paying for.
Here’s how to view and manage subscriptions on iPhone or Android — and how to cancel them when you’re ready to say goodbye.
How to cancel app subscriptions on iPhone or iPad
Worried about the apps and subscriptions on your iPhone or iPaid? Do not worry. They are easy to care for.
On your Apple device, follow these simple steps:
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Tap your name/Apple ID at the top of the screen
- Select “Subscriptions” and wait for the menu to open
- You will now see all your active and expired subscriptions
- Tap an app subscription you want to cancel
- On the next screen, you will see subscription options and a “Cancel Subscription” button. Select it and press “Confirm” when prompted
How to cancel app subscriptions on Android devices
If you’re using an Android phone or tablet, the steps you follow will be slightly different.
Here’s what Android users should do:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your phone or tablet
- Tap the profile icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Select “Payments & Subscriptions” and then “Subscriptions” and allow the list to load
- Select the subscription you want to cancel
- Select “Cancel Subscription”
- Follow the instructions for any prompts that appear
You can often access apps up until the renewal date, after which you lose the ability to use their subscription features.
Keep a close eye on your subscriptions to avoid paying for unnecessary apps.
MORE : Should You Cancel Your Netflix Plan? Here are the most affordable options
MORE : How do I cancel my NOW membership and what is the cheapest plan?
Follow Metro on our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Share your views in the comments below
Get the top news, feel-good stories, analysis and more
https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/14/how-to-cancel-subscriptions-on-apple-iphone-and-android-devices-16636918/ How to cancel subscriptions on Apple iPhone and Android devices