A study permit is required for anyone wishing to drive any particular class of vehicle. This article will answer all your questions about getting a study permit and more!
Nowadays, possessing the skill to drive at least one type of vehicle has become an essential survival skill. However, if you want to learn to drive freely on the roads, you must apply for a learner’s permit. Besides, a study permit is the first step to get a permanent driver’s license (DL) in India.
You will receive your learner’s license after you pass the written test. A study permit allows you to drive on Indian roads in company and with adult supervision. As you read on, you will have a clear idea of how to go about the study permit application process.
What is the Age Limit for a Learner’s License?
You must be 16 years of age or older to be eligible to apply for a two-wheeler license. Furthermore, a two-wheeler learner’s license only allows you to ride a motorcycle with an engine displacement of less than 55cc, if you have a guardian’s declaration.
On the other hand, a four-wheel drive license requires the person to be no less than 18 years old. That means if you are under 18 you cannot apply for a permit to study or drive on Indian roads.
Materials to purchase a Learner’s License
Here are some documents you need to apply for a study permit:
- Documents like passport, PAN card, Adhaar card, etc., to prove age
- Meal card, Adhaar card, electricity/utility bill or any other document verifying your address
- Registration fee
- Medical certificate with Forms 1A and A certified by a government doctor
- Passport photo size
Apply for an Online Learner’s License
Follow the steps below to apply for an online study permit:
- Visit the state traffic website
- Find the online form to apply for a study permit. Next, fill the form with the authentication information like address, name, Adhaar card number, father name, etc.
- Upload a copy of your address and proof of age to complete the process.
Apply for an Offline Learner License
Follow the steps below to apply for an offline study permit:
- Visit your nearest RTO center and select the study permit application form.
- Fill out the form with the required details. Don’t forget to bring a passport size photo as you must attach it with your application.
- Attach copies of proof of address and proof of age.
- After submitting your form with the RTO, you can schedule a study permit test.
- Appeared to check out the study permit. You must have knowledge of traffic rules to complete the written exam.
- After successfully passing the test, the RTO will send the learner’s license to your doorstep.
Now that you know the requirements and process of applying for a driver’s license, you can quickly complete the process. Happy and safe driving!
https://www.carandbike.com/news/how-to-apply-for-learning-licence-2656166 How to Apply for a Study Permit