Hertfordshire: Two people fall ill after eating cannabis-infused sweets

Police siren flashes blue lights at accident or crime scene

A woman was arrested in connection with the December 10 incident (Image: Getty Images/iStockphoto)

A person has been left with life-changing injuries after unknowingly eating a candy laced with synthetic cannabis.

Two people fell ill at a Christmas party at the Aubrey Park Hotel in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.

Police said the couple were offered some sweets, which later resulted in them showing bad reactions and requiring hospital treatment.

One victim was left with life-changing injuries due to the reaction the drug caused, while the second suffered mild illness.

It was later discovered – unbeknownst to them – that the candy contained synthetic cannabis.

A St Albans woman has since been arrested on suspicion of administering a harmful substance.

The 34-year-old is currently in police custody for the December 10 incident.

Aubrey Park Hotel

Aubrey Park Hotel, in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire (Image: Google Maps)

Police Officer C-Jay Callaghan, who is conducting the investigation, said: “I would like to reassure the community that this was an isolated case involving people who are believed to know each other.

“We are following all inquiries and would therefore like to hear from anyone who may have attended the event and witnessed what happened.”

Both cannabis and synthetic cannabinoids – commonly referred to as spice – may be illegally produced, distributed or sold in the UK.

Experts have previously warned that its widespread use has become an “epidemic” in the country.

Because synthetic cannabinoids are more potent, it’s easy to overuse and have unpleasant and harmful effects.

Some side effects may include mood changes, nausea, feeling light-headed and dizzy, flushing, increased heart rate and blood pressure, seizures and seizures.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, Visit our news page.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/01/29/hertfordshire-two-people-fall-ill-after-eating-cannabis-laced-sweets-18184053/ Hertfordshire: Two people fall ill after eating cannabis-infused sweets

Justin Scaccy

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button