COVID-19, the disappearance of Gabby Petito, Latter-day Saint doctrine, and an arrest for a stampede were added to the list.
Here are The Salt Lake Tribune’s 10 most-read online stories of 2021 (with publication date at sltrib.com):
1. Andy Larsen’s Tribune Data Column compare COVID-19 vaccines (March 26).
2. Utah Sen. Mitt Romney and Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, in a confirmation hearing, teamed up oppose allowing transgender youth to play girls’ sports (February 3).
3. The police are investigating the disappearance of Gabby Petito to see if there is connection to the murder of a couple in Moab; that is then determine link does not exist (September 16). Petito’s strangled body was found in Wyoming’s Grand Teton National Park in mid-September; her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, was found dead from a self-inflicted shooting in a Florida nature reserve in October.
4. Tech billionaire Jeff T. Green officially give up my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (December 20).
5. Dr. Marc Harrison, CEO of Intermountain Healthcare, talk about surviving COVID-19 after battling cancer former Secretary of State Colin Powell; Powell died of COVID-19 complications (October 19).
6. Community mourns “Izzy” Tichenor, a 10-year-old Utah child died by suicide after, her mother said, endured bullying because of being black and having autism (November 9).
7. A 19-year-old woman faces a year in prison, accused of hatred for stepping on a “Back the Blue” sign and “terrifyingly smirking”; The American Civil Liberties Union considered, and the case is still pending (July 9).
8. Moab . police full body camera footage shows Gabby Petito and fiancé Brian Laundrie being pulled over after a reported “family issue” (September 16).
9. Columnist Andy Larsen check the meager evidence then about whether vaccinated people can still spread COVID-19 (January 14).
10. Apostle Jeffrey R. Holland told an audience at Brigham Young University stop targeting “friendly flames” at Latter-day Saint teachings (August 23).
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2021/12/29/here-are-tribunes-most/ Here are The Tribune’s 10 most-read news stories of 2021