These Wholesome Peanut Butter Cookies are flourless, chewy and oh so scrumptious with darkish chocolate chips and a sprinkle of sea salt.
The BEST Wholesome Peanut Butter Cookies
We’re critical! These wholesome peanut butter cookies are significantly the most effective we’ve ever had. They’re completely chewy, flourless, and (after all!) pack that scrumptious peanut butter taste all of us love.
What Makes These Cookies Wholesome?
We’ve made a number of easy ingredient swaps from conventional peanut butter cookies
They’re Flourless: These wholesome peanut butter cookies are flourless and GF because of the almond flour and coconut flour.
All-Pure Peanut Butter: We’re large followers of utilizing all-natural drippy peanut butter with one ingredient – PEANUTS, and none of these additional fillers you usually discover in lots of nut butters.
No Granulated Sugar: As a substitute of utilizing white granulated sugar like many cookies do, we use mild brown sugar for these cookies. Be happy to sub 1:1 for coconut sugar if that’s your jam!
Darkish Chocolate Chips: Whereas these wholesome peanut butter cookies can undoubtedly be made with out chocolate chips, we love the style that darkish or semi-sweet chocolate chips give these cookies (as a substitute of milk chocolate chips).
Learn how to Make Wholesome Peanut Butter Cookies
Preheat and Combine Elements
First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Subsequent, place all substances right into a medium bowl (minus the coconut oil) and blend till mixed. Then, add melted coconut oil and blend once more. Your dough must be an analogous consistency to traditional cookie dough.
Scoop Cookie Dough
Use a 1.5-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop dough into your arms. Roll right into a ball and barely flatten in a cookie form (extra on this under!) and place on the baking sheet. Repeat till you’ve made all of your cookies (this recipe will make 10-12 cookies!).
Add extra chocolate chips (should you love chocolate) to the tops of every cookie and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
Bake These Cookies
Bake at 350ºF for 9/11 minutes, or till the cookies have firmed up.
Instantly switch cookies from baking sheet to a cooling rack and let cool for at the very least 10 minutes earlier than consuming. ENJOY!
Professional Tip: At all times Flatten Cookie Dough
After you combine the dough up for these wholesome peanut butter cookies, it’s no secret that you simply’ll scoop them out and put them on a pan. HOWEVER, don’t forget to barely flatten the peanut butter cookie dough earlier than you place them on the pan.
Right here’s what you do!
- Combine the cookie dough in a big bowl.
- Utilizing a tablespoon cookie dough scoop, scoop a cookie dough ball in your arms.
- Subsequent, roll the cookie dough right into a ball and punctiliously flatten it within the palm of your arms.
- Place the flattened cookie dough ball on a greased pan.
WHY DO I HAVE TO FLATTEN THESE COOKIE DOUGH BALLS BEFORE BAKING?
You need to flatten the cookie dough balls earlier than putting them on the baking sheet as a result of if you don’t, they are going to find yourself as a dome form fairly than an ideal, flat high, chewy cookie.
Learn how to Retailer Peanut Butter Cookies
Hold these cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for as much as 5 days, ensuring they totally cool earlier than storing.
Are you able to Freeze Cookies?
Completely! These wholesome peanut butter chocolate chip cookies will preserve within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Merely permit the cookies to chill fully, after which retailer in an air-tight container (massive Ziplocs work nice for this!), and write the date you made the cookies + the identify of the cookies on the bag earlier than putting within the freezer.
Thawing Wholesome Peanut Butter Cookies
Thaw these cookies at room temperature in a single day, or should you’re in a pinch for a wholesome cookie proper now, take away from the freezer and place a cookie within the microwave for 1 minute on defrost, or till it’s chewy and scrumptious.
- 1/2 cup drippy, all-natural peanut butter*
- 1 massive egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup mild brown sugar (choice to make use of coconut sugar*)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup finely floor almond flour (we suggest THIS product by Bob’s Purple Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup darkish chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt (for topping)
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Put aside.
- Subsequent, place all substances right into a medium bowl minus the coconut oil and blend till mixed. Then, add melted coconut oil and blend once more. Your dough must be much like traditional cookie dough.
- Use a 1.5-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop dough into your arms. Roll right into a ball and barely flatten in a cookie form and place on the baking sheet. Repeat.
- Add extra chocolate chips (should you love chocolate) to the tops of every cookie and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Bake at 350ºF for 9/11 minutes, or till the cookies have firmed up.
- Instantly switch cookies from baking sheet to a cooling rack and let cool for at the very least 10 minutes earlier than consuming.
- Let cookies cool fully earlier than storing in an hermetic container. As they cool, they are going to agency up much more.
Suggestions & Notes
- To ensure that this recipe to work, the consistency of your peanut butter should be drippy.
- If you happen to use coconut sugar, your batter will doubtless want 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil.
Serving Dimension: 1 cookie
Ldl cholesterol: 18
Key phrases: wholesome peanut butter cookies