World

Girl, 11, found spider in candy she was about to put in mouth

Date: 08/06/2022 Jasmine Reed, 11, from Darlington was horrified to discover a spider in a sweet she was about to eat after buying a pack of Rowntree's Randoms from her local Sainsbury's. See story North News

No, it wasn’t a jelly spider (Image: North News And Pictures)

A schoolgirl was shocked when she tried to eat a jellybean – and saw a spider was trapped inside.

Jasmine Reed, from Darlington, County Durham, had bought a pack of Rowntree’s Randoms from her local Sainsbury’s.

The student at Corporation Road Primary School went to eat the candy and spotted the eight-legged creature just as she was about to put it in her mouth.

Her brother Ryan Reed, who was home at the time, said: “We couldn’t believe it.

“She ran in and said there’s a spider in my cutie and Dad said there’s no way it can be.

“I told her not to be silly, but then we looked at it and it is.

“How did it get in there? She couldn’t believe it. She started spitting out the candy.”

Date: 08/06/2022 Jasmine Reed, 11, from Darlington was horrified to discover a spider in a sweet she was about to eat after buying a pack of Rowntree's Randoms from her local Sainsbury's. See story North News

Jasmine Reed, from Darlington, County Durham, had bought a pack of Rowntree’s Randoms from her local Sainsbury’s (Image: North News And Pictures)

Date: 08/06/2022 Jasmine Reed, 11, from Darlington was horrified to discover a spider in a sweet she was about to eat after buying a pack of Rowntree's Randoms from her local Sainsbury's. See story North News

She started spitting out the candy and refused to eat the rest of the pack (Image: North News And Pictures)

He said his sister was put off by the candy and didn’t eat the rest of the pack after finding the arachnid.

The family contacted Nestlé, the maker of Rowntree’s Randoms, to lodge a complaint and said they would return the package to the company.

Nestlé apologized to Jasmine and said it would investigate.

A company spokesman said: “The health and safety of our consumers is a top priority at Nestlé.

“We take great care to ensure we manufacture our products to the highest standards of quality and safety, and employ strict procedures in all our operations.

“We are very sorry to hear about consumer experiences with this product.

“We asked the consumer to send us the product so we can conduct a full investigation.”

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, Visit our news page.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/08/girl-11-found-spider-in-sweet-she-was-just-about-to-put-in-her-mouth-16790637/ Girl, 11, found spider in candy she was about to put in mouth

Justin Scacco

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button