England stars offered increased security after armed burglary

Raham Sterling

Security is on guard in Cobham, Surrey (Photo: Peter Macdiarmid/LNP)

England manager Gareth Southgate has revealed his team will be given extra security following an armed break-in at Raheem Sterling’s home.

The move comes after the striker left England’s World Cup camp in Qatar to return to his family on Sunday.

Yesterday Southgate said the Football Association was considering stepping up security following the burglary at the Surrey property.

“Without going too much into the individual details because I think it’s important that we respect his privacy…yes we discussed that with the players before we left.

“I think there is a little [for Raheem] in the midst of the move that contributed to this. But we are very aware of that. And with what happened, we’re going to have this conversation again.

After the incident, worried England stars assigned their agents security teams to patrol around the clock and monitor any unusual or suspicious activity at home, according to The Telegraph.

England striker Raheem Sterling with his wife and three children

Raheem Sterling pictured with his family (Image: Instagram)

Surrey Police said there were no threats of violence involved in the break-in at Sterling’s home in Oxshott.

But the player was absent from England’s 3-0 win over Senegal as he traveled home to be with family.

The 27-year-old Chelsea star has been described as “shattered” and concerned for the well-being of his children.

England manager Gareth Southgate in Qatar for the World Cup

England manager Southgate has called for respect for Sterling’s privacy (Image: Reuters)

Police said residents of the property returned home on Saturday to find jewelry and watches stolen. Officials said the investigation was still ongoing.

The Sun reported that £300,000 worth of watches had been stolen, with a family source telling newspaper police that she had been at the address for several hours. Support for the player has been flooded on social media.

BBC Match Of The Day presenter Gary Lineker tweeted: “Thoughts are with @sterling7 and his family following their horrifying and harrowing ordeal.”

Harry Kane sent Sterling his best during the man of the match press conference at Al Khor.

“Our thoughts are with him and his family,” said the England captain. “It’s never easy to see one of your teammates and friends having to deal with something like this. From us as a team we send our best to him and hope to see him as soon as possible.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, Visit our news page.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/12/06/england-offered-extra-security-according-to-manger-gareth-southgate-17883504/ England stars offered increased security after armed burglary

Justin Scacco

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button