UFC fighters are the same Us! Dustin Poirier only open Us about his career, favorite food — and his biggest celebrity crush.
“Grow up, Pamela Anderson was the closest person I had to a celebrity crush,” Poirier, 33, shared in the latest issue of Us weekly. However, when it comes to his biggest Starstruck moment, the martial arts expert revealed he was most overwhelmed at the meeting mike tyson earlier this year.
“The funny thing is I bit someone later that night,” he added, referring to 56-year-old Tyson’s infamous ear-biting incident in June 1997.
Poirier, who was born in Louisiana, dropped out of high school after getting into it repeatedly fights In 2009, the athlete turned to his experience as a pro and joined the UFC, where he quickly amassed a 7-0 record in his freshman year.
In 2019, he became the interim UFC Lightweight Champion – his “proudest moment” he gushed about Us — and is currently No. 2 in the UFC lightweight rankings as of May.
When it comes to preparing for a fight, Poirier – who revealed his alternative profession would be a chef – is all about fueling New Orleans cuisine. (The philanthropist even has his own hot sauce line, Poirier’s Louisiana Style Hot Sauce, which was created in collaboration with Heartbeat Hot Sauce and pays homage to his hometown of Lafayette, Louisiana.)
“I love to cook Cajun! Jambalaya to gumbo, I love everything,” he said Usand noted that his favorite cheat meal is “a burger and onion rings.”
Outside the ring, Dustin revealed he is the father of daughter Parker Noelle, 6, whom he shares with his wife and childhood sweetheart. Jolie Poirier, is his top priority. “I love everything about being a girl dad. It’s unbelievable,” said the celebrated athlete Us.
When not busy with his little one, Dustin is mostly focused on his charity, the Good Fight Foundation. The non-profit organization, founded by the MMA fighter and his wife, auctions off memorabilia from Dustin’s career to raise money for underdeveloped communities in Louisiana.
“The nicest thing about my charity, the Good Fight Foundation, is knowing that we really make a difference and give people a reason to cheer and smile,” said the Louisiana native Us his philanthropic efforts, including providing 3,000 meals for the local Second Harvest Food Bank during their first auction in 2018.
Keep scrolling to read more from the MMA fighters Confessions including his favorite movie and most famous celebrity in his phone:
1. I love going to New Orleans. It’s just a special city for me. The energy is different.
2. One thing everyone should try with Poirier’s Louisiana Style Hot Sauce is eggs.
3. To relax on my days off, I usually just hang out with my wife and daughter.
4. The only thing fans always say to me on the street is, “Stay hydrated.”
5. My first car was a ’78 Oldsmobile Cutlass.
6. My first job was cutting grass.
7. I’m a ping pong champion. Not really, but I’m trying.
8. My favorite items in my closet are my colorful Robert Graham t-shirts.
9. My favorite room in my house is the kitchen.
10. I had my biggest star moment just two weeks ago when I first met Tyson, 56. The funny thing is that later that night I bit someone.
11. I would have liked to fight a prime number BJ Penn.
12. My advice to aspiring fighters is that you must be consistent and hold yourself accountable.
13. My favorite cheatmeal is a burger and onion rings.
14. Growing up, Anderson, 55, was the closest person to a celebrity.
15. The most recognizable name in my phone contacts is probably KevinJames.
16. The proudest moment of my career was winning the [interim UFC Lightweight Champion] Belt.
17. My favorite movie is The big Lebowski.
18. My favorite way to cook is Cajun! Jambalaya to gumbo, I love everything.
19. I love everything about being a girl dad. It’s incredible!
20. To mentally prepare myself before going into the octagon, I imagine all the different ways the fight could unfold thousands of times before actually going out there.
21 Tim Credeur – one of my first coaches – nicknamed me “The Diamond”.
22. I use Celsius to speed up my mornings. Instead of waiting for coffee, I just grab one from the fridge and head out. It’s also a perfect pre-workout.
23. I don’t have any [current] plans to get more tattoos but there will be more.
24. The nicest thing about my charity, the Good Fight Foundation, is knowing that we really make a difference and give people a reason to cheer and smile!
25. I’m not sure what my alternate occupation would be if I wasn’t a UFC fighter, but I’m guessing and I’d say chef.
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/dustin-poirier-25-things-you-dont-know-about-me/ Dustin Poirier: 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me