Coroner revealed Sydney grandmother’s final moves

Her husband died in 2016 and their children had all moved out by December 2018 except for their youngest son Selim.

The coroner noted that Selim was standing next to his mother at an ATM when CCTV stopped her withdrawing her pension, as she always did, a week before her disappearance.

Selim Sensoy lived at home with his mother before she disappeared. A coroner concluded that she died under suspicious but unknown circumstances.

Selim Sensoy lived at home with his mother before she disappeared. A coroner concluded that she died under suspicious but unknown circumstances.Credit: Nine

The next pension payment, a week after her disappearance, was never withdrawn and her bank accounts have not been touched since.

The coroner said phone records showed that the last call from Sensoy’s phone on the day of her disappearance was to cancel an appointment with her endocrinologist.

According to the findings, Sensoy’s longtime friend called the day after her disappearance and Selim called, police learned.

“Mom is very ill. She can’t get up. Your eyes don’t see. “Their sugar is high,” Selim told his mother’s friend, according to the findings.

Sensoy told a friend she was going to Turkey shortly before her disappearance “and not coming back,” the coroner said.

However, immigration documents do not indicate that Sensoy ever left Australia and her friends, with whom she normally stayed in Turkey, had not heard from her. According to the court findings, police found her passport and dentures while still at the Prospect home.

Another friend told police she wanted to visit the Moree Hot Springs.

But no one near Moree’s hotels, women’s shelters and hot springs recognized her picture, police found.

There is no credible evidence that she traveled to Moree or Turkey, Forbes concluded.

A police cadaver dog and officers searched a dog park near the home after Selim’s phone was found there by a Good Samaritan, but nothing was found.

“Ms. Sensoy has not been located in the course of the investigation to date,” Forbes concluded.


Nadire’s daughter, Turkan Alagoz, cried and begged for more information two years after her mother’s disappearance.

“It was so difficult not knowing where mom is and not being able to talk to her,” Alagoz said.

“If you know where she is or have any information that could help the police locate her, I urge you to get in touch.”

Police are offering a $350,000 reward.

Selim was arrested in Wagga Wagga and was denied bail as he was accused of murdering his mother.

Selim will return to court later this month.

The Morning Edition newsletter is our guide to the day’s most important and interesting stories, analysis and insights. Login here.

Justin Scaccy

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button