World

Ben the boxer needed urgent surgery after swallowing 16 golf balls

To view this video, please enable JavaScript and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 videos

A Merseyside dog needed urgent surgery after a strange ‘blockage’ was found in his stomach.

Stray balls often roll into Ben the Boxer and his owner David Warren’s backyard as the two live next to a golf course.

But, unbeknownst to David, Ben had been snacking on it regularly.

The two-year-old dog underwent rushed surgery after a vet discovered the accumulation of 4cm-wide bullets in his stomach.

David, 70, said his beloved pet seemed “different” about three months ago.

The grandfather-of-six said: “I was worried because Ben ran out of food, lost weight and then got sick.

“One day he was sick and there was a golf ball in there, but I never thought it was because he ate it.

“I just thought it was there because we live next to a golf course and he was playing with the ball.

Boxer dog Ben is walked by owner David Warren at Bootle Golf Course in Merseyside. A greedy dog ​​felt substandard after swallowing 16 GOLF BALLS. See SWNS story SWMDdog. Ben the boxer was rushed to emergency surgery after a cluster of 4cm wide balls was found in his stomach. Baffled vets in Runcorn, Cheshire, had to perform a two-hour operation to save the two-year-old pooch. Dylan Payne, Surgeon at Northwest Veterinary Specialists said, ???We performed an endoscopy of the stomach which revealed a large blockage due to golf balls??? many golf balls. ???Ben's stomach was very full so we needed urgent surgery to open the stomach so we could remove the eggs.

The greedy dog ​​had managed to swallow 16 stray golf balls (Picture: Matthew Lofthouse/SWNS)

Sixteen golf balls removed from boxer dog Ben's abdomen during surgery. A greedy dog ​​felt substandard after swallowing 16 GOLF BALLS. See SWNS story SWMDdog. Ben the boxer was rushed to emergency surgery after a cluster of 4cm wide balls was found in his stomach. Baffled vets in Runcorn, Cheshire, had to perform a two-hour operation to save the two-year-old pooch. Dylan Payne, surgeon at Northwest Veterinary Specialists, said, ?We did an endoscopy of the stomach which revealed a large blockage due to golf balls? many golf balls.

The cluster was removed from his stomach during emergency surgery (Image: SWNS)

“I was horrified when the vets told me about the blockage in his stomach.

“They said they were golf balls and I thought he must have swallowed one or two, but they said ‘no, he swallowed 16’.”

“I could not believe it. I’m not a golfer so these were stray balls from the driving range that he found and ate which shows how good the local golfers are.”

Ben was taken to a vet in Runcorn, Cheshire, where he underwent a two-hour operation.

Boxer dog Ben is walked by owner David Warren at Bootle Golf Course in Merseyside. A greedy dog ​​felt substandard after swallowing 16 GOLF BALLS. See SWNS story SWMDdog. Ben the boxer was rushed to emergency surgery after a cluster of 4cm wide balls was found in his stomach. Baffled vets in Runcorn, Cheshire, had to perform a two-hour operation to save the two-year-old pooch. Dylan Payne, Surgeon at Northwest Veterinary Specialists said, ???We performed an endoscopy of the stomach which revealed a large blockage due to golf balls??? many golf balls. ???Ben's stomach was very full so we needed urgent surgery to open the stomach so we could remove the eggs.

Ben’s owner David was stunned after the find (Image: Matthew Lofthouse/SWNS)

Boxer dog Ben is walked by owner David Warren at Bootle Golf Course in Merseyside. A greedy dog ​​felt substandard after swallowing 16 GOLF BALLS. See SWNS story SWMDdog. Ben the boxer was rushed to emergency surgery after a cluster of 4cm wide balls was found in his stomach. Baffled vets in Runcorn, Cheshire, had to perform a two-hour operation to save the two-year-old pooch. Dylan Payne, Surgeon at Northwest Veterinary Specialists said, ???We performed an endoscopy of the stomach which revealed a large blockage due to golf balls??? many golf balls. ???Ben's stomach was very full so we needed urgent surgery to open the stomach so we could remove the eggs.

Ben is back to full health and being taught to snack on sticks (Image: Matthew Lofthouse/SWNS)

Dylan Payne, a surgeon at Northwest Veterinary Specialists, said: “We did an endoscopy of the stomach, which revealed a large blockage by golf balls – lots of golf balls.

“Ben’s stomach was very full so we had to do an urgent surgery to open the stomach so we could remove the eggs.

“It’s a fairly routine, low-risk operation, but removing so many golf balls is unique. Sixteen is a lot, even for a boxer.”

Ben is now back home and has recovered to full health after the scare.

David is now teaching the pup to chase sticks and play with healthier balls.

He added: “The North West Vets were brilliant and looked after him so well and they really made me laugh when they offered me the bag of balls to take home after the surgery.

“I tried to encourage Ben to play with tennis balls instead, which you attach to a stick and throw off a stick for the dog to chase – but Ben chewed the stick to bits.

“Now I have to buy him some footballs to play with as there’s no way he can swallow something that big, right?”

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, Visit our news page.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/07/ben-the-boxer-rushed-into-surgery-after-swallowing-16-golf-balls-16603226/ Ben the boxer needed urgent surgery after swallowing 16 golf balls

Justin Scacco

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button