Baby swallows nail clippers and needs surgery to remove them

An eight-month-old child had nail clippers removed from his throat after accidentally swallowing them. See SWNS story SWFSneck. Pictures show medics treating the child at Dr. Vasantrao Pawar Medical College in Adgaon operate after choking it while playing. X-rays show the 5 cm nail clipper lodged in the boy's neck. Medics removed the object in an hour-long operation and the child is now recovering.

X-rays showed a hair clipper swallowed by the baby was stuck (Image: SWNS)

An eight-month-old boy is recovering from surgery to remove nail clippers that were stuck in his throat.

The baby was taken to hospital in Nashik, western India, when his parents saw him playing with the two-inch metal cutter and swallowed it before they could react.

X-rays showed that the object had become lodged just below the neck, almost completely blocking its passage.

It is believed to have traveled down far enough for him to still be able to breathe, but posed a serious hazard if it got into his stomach.

He was sent to specialists at Dr. Vasantrao Pawar Medical College, who managed to remove it in an hour-long operation.

Doctors said the child was fine after the procedure.

Small children can suffer serious injuries from swallowing very small objects because their intestinal mucosa is not yet strong enough to pass through them unharmed.

An eight-month-old child had nail clippers removed from his throat after accidentally swallowing them. See SWNS story SWFSneck. Pictures show medics treating the child at Dr. Vasantrao Pawar Medical College in Adgaon operate after choking it while playing. X-rays show the 5 cm nail clipper lodged in the boy's neck. Medics removed the object in an hour-long operation and the child is now recovering.

The 2-inch metal cutter could have caused serious injury if it had traveled further down the boy’s esophagus (Image: SWNS)

An eight-month-old child had nail clippers removed from his throat after accidentally swallowing them. See SWNS story SWFSneck. Pictures show medics treating the child at Dr. Vasantrao Pawar Medical College in Adgaon operate after choking it while playing. X-rays show the 5 cm nail clipper lodged in the boy's neck. Medics removed the object in an hour-long operation and the child is now recovering.

It took the surgeons an hour to carefully extract the object (Image: SWNS)

An eight-month-old child had nail clippers removed from his throat after accidentally swallowing them. See SWNS story SWFSneck. Pictures show medics treating the child at Dr. Vasantrao Pawar Medical College in Adgaon operate after choking it while playing. X-rays show the 5 cm nail clipper lodged in the boy's neck. Medics removed the object in an hour-long operation and the child is now recovering.

The boy reportedly swallowed the clippers before his parents could react (Image: SWNS)

Surgeons who removed 23 magnets from a six-year-old girl in Lewes, Sussex last year said the accident could have been “fatal”.

She had played with them at school before taking them home to try to emulate a TikTok trend where young people pretend they have piercings on their tongues by placing magnets on either side of them place.

The magnets were so strong that they lodged themselves in her gut as she swallowed them over the course of a few days.

This caused vomiting and tears in her gut, which were initially diagnosed as appendicitis before doctors identified the magnets through X-rays and rushed her into an operation from which she later recovered, her mother told the BBC.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, Visit our news page.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/24/baby-swallows-nail-clipper-and-has-to-have-surgery-to-remove-it-17441710/ Baby swallows nail clippers and needs surgery to remove them

Justin Scacco

InternetCloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button