Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni has turned down Liverpool’s offer and will leave Reportedly Real Madrid instead.
The 22-year-old is said to have agreed personal terms with Liverpool and Madrid last week after attracting interest from several clubs across Europe.
However, RMC Sport report that Tchouameni has now decided to join Madrid ahead of Jurgen Klopp’s side in the upcoming window.
The report claims that Madrid have indicated they will match Monaco’s asking price of €80m (£68.6m).
Meanwhile, Telefoot also reports that Tchouameni has already told his Monaco teammates about his decision to join the Spanish champions this summer.
Tchouameni has agreed a five-year deal with Madrid and is expected to be their first marquee deal of the summer after the club missed out on the signing of Kylian Mbappe from Paris Saint-Germain last week.
Mbappe had also agreed a deal with Madrid before making a late about-face and signing a deal with Paris Saint-Germain that will tie him to the French club until 2025.
Tchouameni, on the other hand, has impressed again for Monaco this season was named Ligue 1 Team of the Year earlier this month.
In an interview with RMC Sport on Monday, Monaco’s sporting director Paul Mitchell admitted the club “will lose an incredibly talented player”.
“As always when you sell a player there has to be fair compensation. The market is different every year,” Mitchell said.
“Everyone could see what a top player Aurelien is, but everyone also knows that we are an ambitious club with an ambitious shareholder.
“So no, I have no preference when it comes to selling him. We have to be very aggressive about the fee we charge to lose such an incredibly talented player.
For more stories like this, visit our sports page.
Follow Metro Sport for the latest news
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/24/aurelien-tchouameni-rejects-liverpool-transfer-and-agrees-real-madrid-move-16702403/ Aurelien Tchouameni rejects Liverpool transfer and agrees to Real Madrid move | Soccer