APPLE makes some of the safest technology on the market, but some of their devices need special care.
A popular Apple gadget has raised concerns about its battery, which may be harmful to children.
According to ZDNet, the small round lithium button batteries in Apple AirTags pose a risk to children.
Swallowing one of the batteries can cause injury and even death.
A battery can continue to lose its charge if swallowed.
This can cause burns and internal bleeding.
Lithium button batteries are found in a number of products and usually include a parental warning.
Young children tend to put things in their mouths.
If you suspect your child has swallowed a battery, see a doctor immediately.
Warning signs include vomiting blood, having trouble breathing, or suddenly feeling very unwell.
Button battery manufacturers are now coating them with a substance called Bitrex to make them taste bitter.
This is to encourage children to spit them out.
However, Apple has warned that bitter coated batteries may not work with AirTag.
According to the tech giant’s website, “CR2032 batteries with bitter coatings may not work with AirTag or other battery-powered products, depending on the orientation of the coating in relation to the battery contacts.”
That means AirTag users have to use the riskier non-Bitrex button batteries.
There are measures you can take to prevent a child from swallowing a battery.
This includes keeping batteries out of the reach of children, ensuring that any devices containing them are safely reassembled, and disposing of batteries properly.
https://www.the-sun.com/tech/5607420/apple-warning-airtag-battery-danger/ Apple warns MILLIONS of popular device posing serious danger to children