AmaWaterways introduced the return of a number of in style wine hosts—together with wine specialists, licensed sommeliers and winery homeowners—for its 2021 season. This yr, the river line plans greater than 60 “Celebration of Wine River Cruises” via Europe.
For instance, for the primary time, visitors can be a part of England’s main wine producer, Chapel Down Vineyards in Kent on November 13, 2021 for a “Melodies of the Danube, Celebration of Wine” cruise. Chapel Down Vineyards in Kent, U.Okay., is a provider to many prestigious venues throughout that nation (and past), together with Harrods and Selfridges, in addition to being an official wine provider to No.10 Downing avenue.
“As demand continues to develop for our wine-themed sailings, we’re completely happy to welcome again some very talked-about wine hosts and likewise very excited to introduce partaking new hosts,” mentioned Kristin Karst, AmaWaterways’ govt vice chairman and co-founder. “Our intimate ‘Celebration of Wine’ river cruises present an added dimension to the river cruise expertise as visitors are capable of discover each New World and Previous World varietals via the lens of an esteemed wine skilled whereas touring via Europe’s most famous wine areas.”
Two new itineraries will showcase Normandy‘s epicurean traditions and historic websites and take visitors for the primary time into vineyards of the nation’s Burgundy area.
These looking for an enhanced enhanced wine expertise on these 2021 itineraries can be a part of the next wine hosts:
- Dr. Douglas Garman, wine skilled from Europa Village Vineyard, on the July 8 “Impressions of the Seine & Paris” crusing
- Jason McClain, proprietor of McClain Vineyard, on the August 5 departure of “Essence of Burgundy & Provence“
- L. Paul Vezzetti II, co-owner of The Winery at Hersey, on the “Essence of Burgundy & Provence” cruise departing August 12
- Peter Marks, grasp of wine, on the “Essence of Burgundy & Provence” crusing on November 4
- Jody Elsom, proprietor and winemaker, Elsom Cellars, on the November 4 “Impressions of the Seine & Paris” itinerary
- Kevin Gott, wine skilled and educator for Wente Vineyards, on the November 11 “Essence of Burgundy & Provence” crusing
The wine hosts deliver hand-picked wines onboard to serve throughout a particular meal, tastings or seminars. Some wines come from the skilled’s personal vineyard and different choices are sourced from wineries situated alongside the river cruise itinerary.
These voyages additionally supply enhanced epicurean experiences. For full particulars on all 2021 wine hosts for the upcoming “Celebration of Wine” river cruises via Europe, go to www.amawaterways.com.