The 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan is only offered in a fully loaded variant called the Elegance, and it’s priced at Rs. 31.99 lakh (old gallery, India).
The 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan facelift is officially on sale in India. The mid-size sedan was first launched in India in 2017 and sold in the country until early 2020, when the industry transitioned to BS6 emissions norms. It was replaced by the 7-seater Tiguan Allspace, however, now the 5-seater version of the SUV is back with a mid-life facelift and there’s a lot to be said for the updated model. Volkswagen Tiguan facelift 2021 is priced at 31.99 lakh Yen (in showroom, India).
Here’s everything you need to know about the 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift:
- Year 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan is built on the company’s flexible MQB platform and like the pre-upgraded version, this is also coming to India as a complete clone unit (CKD). The SUV is assembled at Skoda Auto Volkswagen India’s production facility in Aurangabad.
- The 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan is only offered with a fully loaded variant called the Elegance. So all the premium features like Matrix LED headlights, LED taillights, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting, 18-inch Frankfurt alloy wheels, etc are standard.
Also read: Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift 2021: Top 5 highlights
- One of the big highlights of the Tiguan is its IQ.Light matrix LED technology, which is made up of 24 individual LEDs for better illumination at night. It has an advanced and dynamic front lighting system (AFS) with controllable range, cornering light and poor weather lighting. The taillights, on the other hand, have different LED signatures when braking, which VW calls a “click-clack” effect.
- Tiguan will have seven outstanding color options – Nightshade Blue, Pure White, Oryx White with Pearl effect, Deep Black, Dolphin Grey, Reflex Silver and Kings Red – for customers to choose from.
Also read: Volkswagen Tiguan: New vs Old
- The styling of the Volkswagen Tiguan is more in line with the new generation of VW models. The car is equipped with muscular bumpers with piano black details and a wide grille with chrome crossbars and a new VW logo. The company also offers an optional Rough Road Package (Side Covers), which gives the vehicle a more rugged look and prevents color chipping.
- Inside, the SUV features a newly designed cabin with a premium interior. The SUV features a flat-bottomed steering wheel, a 10-inch digital instrument cluster with virtual cockpit, and an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with gesture controls. The new Tiguan is equipped with lights and USB C ports, Vienna leather seats and a 3-zone climate control system.
- The SUV also comes with the My Volkswagen Connect App, which comes with a host of connected car technologies such as – driving behavior monitoring, live tracking, Geo-Fence, Time Fence and more other safety warnings. The My Volkswagen Connect App is enabled by a SIM-based dongle that ensures a seamless connection between the car and the user’s mobile device.
- In terms of safety features, Tiguan is equipped with 6 airbags, front and rear disc brakes, Anti-lock braking system (ABS), Electronic stability control (ESC), Anti-slip adjustment (ASR), Micro lock. electronic misalignment (EDL), EDTC – Torque control when pulling the engine, Hill start assist, Hill descent control, Auto hold, 3-way head restraints at the rear, 3-point seat belts , ISOFIX and driver warning system.
- The newly launched VW Tiguan is a petrol-only model. It is equipped with a 2.0 liter TSI petrol engine that produces 187 hp at 4200 – 6000 rpm and a maximum torque of 320 Nm at 1500 – 400 rpm. The factory is mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission as standard and paired with a 4Motion all-wheel drive (AWD) system. The new Tiguan offers a fuel efficiency of 12.65 kmpl (ARAI certified).
https://www.carandbike.com/news/2021-volkswagen-tiguan-facelift-all-you-need-to-know-2640969 All you need to know