The all-new BMW iX has been launched in India with a single base variant and the company has confirmed that it has no immediate plans to launch the top variant.
Finally, even BMW has entered the EV race in India. It is now part of a group of luxury carmakers such as Mercedes-Benz, Audi and Jaguar, which sell all-electric SUVs in India and have forged ahead with the BMW iX. The all-new BMW iX has been launched in India with a single base variant and the company has confirmed that it has no immediate plans to launch the top variant. Here’s everything you need to know about this new luxury EV.
- The BMW iX is being offered as a fully built unit (CBU) and competes with the likes of the Mercedes-Benz EQC, Audi e-tron and Jaguar i-Pace.
- BMW is offering the new BMW iX in just a single xDrive40 variant in our market, and the company has announced that it will deliver in April 2022.
- The 2021 BMW iX is built on the brand’s new architecture that uses an innovative aluminum spaceframe and carbon cage for high torsional stiffness while minimizing weight. In terms of looks, the electric SUV comes with the design language typical of new BMW models, but with futuristic styling elements to give it an EV personality.
- The car also comes with the signature kidney grille design, which includes intelligent driver assistance systems including radar, cameras and sensors.
- The all-new BMW iX also features the brand’s fifth-generation all-electric powertrain that uses two electric motors, one per axle, to provide full-time four-wheel drive (AWD) functionality. ) by electricity.
- As for the BMW iX xDrive40, this model comes with a 76.6 kWh battery pack, which powers the electric motors to develop a combined output of 240 kW or 322 hp and 630 Nm of peak torque. .
- The SUV is said to be able to offer a range of 425 km on a WLTP cycle on a single charge. Globally, BMW also offers the top-end iX xDrive50 with a combined output of 375 kW or 503 hp, however, for now, BMW has no plans to bring it to India.
- The cabin of the new electric BMW iX looks futuristic and has a minimalist design, covered in soft materials.
- A switch has been used to select the transmission, while the car also features BMW’s new operating system. The IX is also the company’s first car to feature a new hexagonal steering wheel, which is said to improve accessibility and give the driver a better view of the information display. The seat adjustment buttons have now been moved to the doorways on the iX.
- The SUV also comes with a large display area with split screens for infotainment and equipment, which acts as the vehicle’s main command center.
https://www.carandbike.com/news/bmw-ix-electric-suv-all-you-need-to-know-2651111 All you need to know