Local

Albuquerque Fire Rescue shares tips to prevent fireplace fires

blank

Both incidents demonstrate how dangerous space heaters and floor heaters, also known as floor heaters, can be, a local fire official said.

Albuquerque Fire Rescue has shared some tips to help people avoid potential fires in their homes, during these cold winter months:

First – do not plug the heater into the extension cord. Be sure to plug it directly into the wall, then leave 3 meters of space between the heater and any potentially flammable items.

The AFR also says that items should not be placed directly on or in front of a floor or space heater, and not leave them running while you are asleep or away from home. Alternatives to help stay warm overnight include wrapping in extra layers of clothing and blankets.

“Another thing to remember is not to use your stove or oven as a source of heat, as those emit dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in your home,” said Lieutenant Tom Ruiz.

Finally, make sure you have a working smoke detector in your home.

“If there is smoke or fire inside your home or apartment, make sure you call 911 and stay out,” says Ruiz.

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/albuquerque-fire-rescue-shares-tips-to-prevent-heater-fires/6336286/?cat=500 Albuquerque Fire Rescue shares tips to prevent fireplace fires

Yasmin Harisha

Internetcloning is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@internetcloning.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button