A2Hosting is a web host that’s primarily known for speed, but that may not all they need to supply . We found A2 to be a really capable and versatile web hosting provider during our time with the service. Whether you’re just starting out and just need a WordPress site to blog on, or you’re a tried-and-true website admin, A2 has the choices you would like no matter the sort of site you run.
We tested this web hosting platform to ascertain if it’s really as fast as they claim, alongside variety of other important factors, so keep reading to ascertain how it fared.
A2Hosting’s Service Pack
Fast shared hosting is A2’s primary focus, and that they offer a tiered plan system that ought to be familiar if you have ever checked out the shared offerings from the other host. Each tier offers a special level of service and access to resources, and they are priced accordingly.
Here are your shared hosting options with A2Hosting:
- Lite: The entry-level Lite service is out there to be used with one website, although it does include unlimited storage and bandwidth. You won’t be ready to add any of A2’s speed-related features to the present service level either, and therefore the service only allocates one processor core and 512 MB of RAM to your account.
- Swift: subsequent intensify , Swift, adds unlimited websites and domains, although you continue to can’t add any of the proprietary performance options. It does up the resources however to 2 processor cores and 1 GB of RAM.
- Turbo: Finally, the Turbo tier, the one we tested, provides two processor cores, doubles the RAM to 2GB, and makes all of A2’s proprietary performance features available. a number of these are included gratis, et al. will accompany an upcharge.
In addition to those tiers of shared hosting, A2 also offers managed WordPress hosting, several tiers of VPS hosting, dedicated hosting if your site needs an entire lot of resources, and even a reseller option.
Most other web hosting companies offer services supported Linux, and A2’s default shared hosting plans run on CloudLinux. This distribution is predicated on CentOS, which is successively supported Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
The basis of A2Hosting environment is extremely solid, but CloudLinux has been tuned to be used by hosts and resellers, meaning it’s additional security and performance enhancements. At an equivalent time, it remains compatible with an outsized number of applications already packaged up for Red Hat-based distributions.
In addition, A2Hosting also offers Shared Hosting on Windows servers. this enables you to host sites or applications built on Microsoft technologies like ASP, .NET, or maybe Silverlight if you actually need that functionality.
These accounts even have access to open-source software also , so users can run applications like WordPress using the MySQL database engine and PHP programing language , for instance .
Storage of A2Hosting
As we mentioned before, there’s no limit on storage at A2Hosting. Even the bottom-tier services can use the maximum amount disc space as needed or go crazy installing many different sites or applications. this is often particularly attractive given the massive number of one-click app installers A2 makes available.
Bandwidth of A2Hosting
Likewise, A2Hosting doesn’t meter traffic to your sites. So be happy to place up those high-res images or that HD video gallery. With unlimited storage and bandwidth, you don’t got to worry about overages for media-heavy sites or applications.
Registration Process of A2Hosting
Getting registered on A2Hosting is simple . The registration process steps you thru alittle number of screens, although unlike some competing providers there’s no navigation to allow you to know precisely where you’re within the process. You’ll start by clicking on the Get Started! link for whatever level of service you’re currently reviewing.
The next step is for you to point the name you’d like. you’ll also elect to transfer your name or use an existing domain host at this stage.
Next, you’ll select some options to your new hosting account. These include your billing cycle, the info center you’d wish to use, also as add-ons like a fanatical IP address or performance enhancements. you’ll even have an application, like a content management system, installed automatically for you.
Finally, you’ll reach the checkout page. Here you enter your contact and payment information. Set your account’s password, and you’re off to the races.
Control Panel of A2Hosting
When you first log into your A2Hosting account, you’ll land on a dashboard that contains tiles that provide information and enable functionality. The topmost contains a summary of the services you currently have also as domains, any support tickets, and a link to invoices.
The next item down lists all of your domains, and it also contains quick links to the cPanel, connection, and payment details for every .
Blocks below these two main bars allow you to open support tickets, register a replacement domain, view the company’s Tweets and news, or make referrals for credit towards service.
The site’s menu also contains links to big services:
- Services: you’ll use the entries here to look at your current services, order new ones, or browse add-ons to the services you’ve got .
- Domains: The Domains menu includes tools to order new domains, renew your existing domains, transfer domains from other hosts to A2 Hosting, or perform a Whois lookup to ascertain who owns a website you would possibly want.
- Billing: during this menu, you’ll change your payment information (including mastercard or PayPal), and consider invoices. If you’ve requested services from A2 Hosting and received a quote, you’ll even have access thereto here.
- Support: The Support menu contains links to sources of data like A2’s blog and knowledge domain also as links to request assistance, for instance with host migrations.
- Open Ticket: This item will take you to a screen where you’ll open a support ticket.
- Account: Lastly, the Account menu allows you to edit details like your contact information, change your password, grant others (such as web developers) access to your account, or sign off .
Advanced Options of A2Hosting
Within each domain, your admin options are found within the cPanel, which you’ll reach by clicking the above-mentioned quick link. That said, you’ll still use all the facility that the cPanel interface provides by getting to the Advanced menu. If that sounds a touch confusing, blame A2Hosting for duplicating functionality in multiple locations.
The right side of the screen provides some statistical information on your account, like your server’s address, what proportion storage you’ve used, and the way many databases you’ve got.
The sections within the center of the screen contain collections of tools as follows:
- Files: This section contains a link to the web-based file manager, tools to trace disk usage, and backup features.
- Scriptaculous Apps Installers: you’ll install any of many available applications with one click. There are multiple options in categories including Blogs, Wikis, Social Networking, e-commerce, and enterprise resource planning (ERP) additionally to the apparent content management systems.
- Staging: A “staging” area may be a web development term for a replica of your “live” website where you’ll test out new features. A2 Hosting provides the power to repeat your such a neighborhood with a click.
- Billing & Support: Use the tools during this section to managing billing information, request or upgrade services, open a help ticket, and manage domains.
- Databases: You’ll administer databases here using either the MySQL or PostgreSQL database servers, and access web-based management tools like phpMyAdmin (for MySQL) and phpPgAdmin (for Postgres).
- SEO & Marketing Tools: This section aids in optimizing the SEO and/or social media links for your site(s). you’ll also access a free site builder application from here or found out email marketing campaigns.
- Domains: There are additional links to domain tools here, including registration. you’ll also found out subdomains or aliases/redirects (automatically sending visitors to at least one domain once they visit another).
- E-mail: Create your e-mail addresses, found out mailing lists, adjust spam filters, and configure autoresponders using the tools during this section. There’s a module for calendars and contacts also , and a tool to enable encryption for your mail.
- Metrics: you’ll obtain stats on basics like visitors and bandwidth or use more advanced tools like Awstats or Webalizer to see your site’s performance.
- Security: A2 Hosting provides SSH shell access to verified users, which you’ll found out here. you’ll also manage your SSL certificates (you do get a free Let’s Encrypt cert once you register), or block access by specific IP addresses.
- Software: While this might seem to overlap with the one-click installers mentioned above, this section is basically about your software environments. This includes setting versions of programming languages like PHP or fixing frameworks just like the popular Node.js.
- Advanced: The Advanced section may be a collection of miscellaneous tools. These include some configuration for the Apache web server, fixing Cron jobs, error pages (like the dreaded 404 Error page), and the way to handle MIME types. A2’s own optimization tools also are located during this section.
- Preferences: Finally, this section allows you to change the language shown in cPanel, manage your users, set your password, or change your contact info.
Administration of A2Hosting
All the first administration options are available via the most site menu, the cPanel, or both. The tools themselves straightforward, with easy-to-use-forms that permit you modify your payment method, for instance .
One useful feature is that the ability to make sub-accounts. If you’re alittle web developer using A2 Hosting to service your own clients, you’ll set all up with a Sub-Account that permits them to not only access their files but upgrade their own services or pay invoices.
On top of this, Turbo accounts also use a replacement to the generally-available Apache web server that’s tuned for performance. Finally, there are variety of options you’ll activate like caching you’ll activate for top speed.
Key Features of A2Hosting
A2Hosting is meant around providing the speediest servers available, even with shared hosting plans, so it is a little bit of a disappointment that these features aren’t available at every level. If you would like to require advantage of A2’s fantastic speed, and therefore the great alternatives and options they provide to urge things moving faster, you’ve got to buy one among their costlier tiers.
Support of A2Hosting
A2 Hosting provides a strong set of customer support options, with 24/7 phone support, live chat, and a ticket system. they need a toll free number for patrons within the us , and native support numbers for various countries round the world. You’ll also find access to their web chat network at the highest of each page on the location .
If you favor asynchronous communication, you’ll also use their ticket system. this technique allows you to submit a ticket and wait until a helpdesk staffer gets back to you, so it is a good option if your problem isn’t mission critical.
Server Uptime Guarantee of A2Hosting
99.9% guarantee backed in writing. A2Hosting promises that your site are going to be up and accessible 99.9% of the time, and that they copy that promise in their uptime commitment document. consistent with that document, they’ll credit you 5% of your monthly bill for every hour that your site is down beyond the initial 0.1%.
The catch is that they do not count things like regularly care , DDoS attacks, or network conditions outside their own network.
The Price of A2Hosting
A2Hosting has excellent performance, but may be a bit expensive compared to another hosting providers, A2Hosting runs on the expensive side. Their plans range from $ 9.99 per month for Lite packages to $ 24.99 per month for Turbo packages if you pay monthly. That’s tons of cash for a shared hosting package and $ 18.99 per month you’ll pay with a 36-month commitment that will not be far better .
The caveat here is that you’re paying for speed, especially at the Turbo level. you would possibly find shared hosting tons cheaper , but you will not find both cheaper and faster alternatives like A2.
Competition: A2Hosting vs. GoDaddy
The most direct competitor of A2Hosting as an all-in-one hosting service provider is GoDaddy. Both provide tools that cater to users from novice to tech professionals. Both offer both Linux and Windows options and both position themselves as hosts for any sort of website.
The main difference between them is at a high level in their shared hosting plan. A2Hosting’s package offers the performance improvements mentioned during this review, during which GoDaddy provides similar raw processing power, but none of those are special enhancements.
GoDaddy’s final package is cheaper than A2’s Turbo, at $ 19.99 per month compared to $ 24.99 per month without long-term commitment. If you pay 36 months beforehand , that’s a good bigger difference: $ 18.99 per month for A2 compared to $ 12.99 per month for GoDaddy.
If you pursue speed, go by A2. If price is your main concern, look elsewhere.
√ The Fastest Share Hosting
This is the foremost thing that a2Hosting has and none of their competitors has it. This speed is thanks to using SSD storage for all shared hosting plans and in other plans.
So, if you’re trying to find a speed share hosting you’ve got to use a2Hosting. Plus of other thing that wont to confirm the host is just too fast.
√ Transfer Your Site To A2Hosting For FREE
Site migrations from a2Hosting is free, you only call the support and therefore the roll in the hay for you without extra charging.
The number of site that you simply can transfer, the share hosting you’ll transfer one site for all plans. the opposite plans (VPS, reseller and dedicated hosting) you’ll transfer up to 25 sites.
√ Free SSL And DNS
The basic SSL are going to be added layer of security which change your site from http:// to https://. this may offer you Google and costumer trust.
CDN from Cloudflare is free for all the plans. this may increase your site speed and decrees load time for your site:
√ Anytime a refund Guarantee
If you recognize 30 day a refund guarantee from other hosting, this may apply in a2Hosting which mean within the first 30 day you’ll get a full refund, no doubt asking.
After 30 day, you’ll posing for refund the remaining time, this mean if you purchased a 12 month for instance and after 6 month you opt that you simply don’t need the host any longer , then you’ll invite refund for the remaining 6 month.
Χ The uptime is round the average which is 99.9% at a while but most the time it’s an honest uptime, if this happened, just call the support.
Χ If you’re trying to find Europe data centers, the a2Hosting doesn’t have one even in North America, but the DNS will cover it for you.
Overall, A2Hosting provides a solid service which will handle any sort of website, from basic to complex, with few difficulties. the corporate also provides all the proper tools for people that skills to use them. If you’re just beginning to build an internet site , you’ll use another service at a lower cost and still have great value, but A2Hosting is a great option if you’re after a fast , shared hosting.
Thank you for reading my review of A2Hosting today. Hope it will help you make your decision. If you have any questions. Please comment below.
5Cloudhost provides 5 years of Blowing-Webhosting for less than one price. During our launch, your buyer could get five years of premium storage for just 2 cents a day. >> View more details <<
Bluehost is a popular website hosting company founded in 2003 by Danny Ashworth and Matt Heaton. The company utilizes open source technology to provide some of the best cloud-based online solutions to their clients. >> View more details <<
10xDrive is a General product, that everyone needs. A generic product for every Niche. It can be said that this is an insanely low priced premium hosting service with all the advanced options available. >> View more details <<