More than a decade has passed since then Jenna Busch Hager‘s father, ex President George W BushShe lived in the White House but can still remember the ghostly encounter she had.
“The White House is being haunted,” she said Today with Hoda & Jenna cohost remembers exclusively Us weekly. “My [twin] sister [Barbara Bush] and I heard a ghost playing classical piano, but she seemed friendly.”
Jenna and Barbara, 40, were in college when their father, 76, won the 2000 presidential election and was inaugurated in 2001 as the 43rd President of the United States. He served two consecutive terms.
The Bush twins, as they were then known, often made headlines for their fun-loving nature. “I…watched my sister surf at a Pearl Jam concert,” Jenna shares Us.
Both sisters now have families of their own: The NBC personality shares daughters Mila, 9, and Poppy, 7, and son Hal, 3, with her husband Heinrich Hagerwhile Barbara is mother to 14-month-old daughter Cora, whom she shares with her husband Craig Coyne. Though parties may look different today, Jenna never misses a fun celebration.
“I love costume parties! We had an Olden Times party around the Fourth of July and I was Cleopatra and a saber-toothed tiger,” she says Us.
Keep scrolling for more fun facts about the today anchors, including her love for Taylor Swiftthe icon that impressed her the most, and more:
1. My current obsession is season 2 of The White Lotus!
2. My latest project is a new e-book that I co-wrote with Dawn. The wonderful world of blue. I wrote it to empower and educate future wildlife heroes through small actions they can take at home to create a cleaner world for wildlife.
3. I recently started a production company with Universal Studios to incorporate books into television shows.
4. My greatest joy is reading. It’s an opportunity to travel to places we’ll never get to and meet people who fill our lives with vivid colors and crazy stories.
5. I’m not a great cook, but my kids and husband love it when I make turkey tacos!
6. I was most impressed when I interviewed Maya Angelou at her home in Harlem.
7. I got my first job in high school. I worked in a clothing store and was also a warehouse consultant.
8. The best advice I ever got was from my mother. She used to tell us when we were in high school (and worried about high school problems) that we should save our worries for big things because big things are coming.
9. My first concert was PaulSimon‘s Graceland tour.
10. I also watched my sister crowd surf at a Pearl Jam concert.
11. I’ve never met a cheese I don’t like.
12. The White House is haunted; My sister and I heard a ghost playing classical piano but she seemed friendly.
13. Growing up, my crush was a celebrity Eddie Vedder.
14. When I was little, I dreamed of becoming a teacher. If I wasn’t cohosting Today with Hoda & JennaI would do that.
15. My typical day starts at 5am. I work out, [then] I start meetings and the show is from 10am to 11am. In the afternoons I’m either on shoots or working on our Read With Jenna book club and production company. I end my days with my children.
16. I always cry when I’m happy, and sometimes I cry when guests say something profound on our show.
17. My husband proposed to me in Acadia National Park.
18. I love costume parties! We used to have an Olden Times party around the Fourth of July and I was Cleopatra and a saber-toothed tiger.
19. My most embarrassing moments while filming are when I’m sweating through my shirts and have to [Today coanchor] Hoda [Kotb] blow dry my armpits.
20. I can’t travel without a book. I’m always looking for debut and miscellaneous contributors for #ReadWithJenna.
21. I love interior design and architecture.
22. I listen to Taylor Swift no matter how I feel.
23. Hoda is the person who makes me laugh the most.
24. I once rafted down the Grand Canyon with my mom for a week and camped under the stars!
25. My favorite thing to do is take my family to Maine every summer.
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jenna-bush-hager-25-things-you-dont-know-about-me/ 25 things you don’t know about me